Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SACCO MANAGER (REF: MGR/11/21)
Job expires on 2021-11-19
Our client, a Non-Deposit Taking Sacco regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) and based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a qualified and professional Sacco Manager to meet the SACCO’s set goals and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the job holder will be responsible for day to day SACCO operations including but not limited to:
- The implementation of and adherence to the prescribed policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensuring that systems have been established to facilitate efficient operations and communication.
- Ensuring that strategies are developed and employed to facilitate achievement of targets and objectives.
- Overseeing Human Resource Management and Development.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements of the Sacco & be able to propose changes to the Board such as Cooperative Societies Act, Rules, Sacco By-laws, Sacco Societies Act and Regulations.
- Providing support to the Board of Directors by organizing all Board and Sub Committee meetings, Annual and Special General Meetings and Supervisory meetings as and when required.
- Keeping minutes of all general meetings and meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Advising the Board of Directors in formulating, preparing and implementing long term policies and programs of the society through board papers and technical reports as appropriate.
- Performing such other duties as may be directed by the Board of Directors.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance related field or its equivalent, preferably B. Com/BBM (Finance/Accounting).
- A minimum Accounting professional of CPA (K).
- A Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 5 years work experience as a Supervisor or Manager in a reputable Sacco or other related Financial Institutions.
- Recent Certified Certificate of good conduct. (Police Clearance)
- Current Tax Compliance Certificate.
- CV that contains current mobile contacts, email address and three references one preferably from current or former employer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, innovative and Self driven;
- Excellent verbal and written Communication and presentation skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Strong team leadership and mentorship skills;
- Good grasp of IT and computer skills;
- Ability to prepare and maintain management accounts and financial statements for the society including budgets in accordance to IFRS and other accounting guidelines;
- Able to manage the Sacco Cash flows and cash flow forecast;
- Able to analyse problems and provide effective solutions.
Personal Attributes and Attitudes
- Should have high integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Is self-driven and innovative;
- Have strong analytical and problems solving skills;
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions;
- Able to pay close attention to details;
- Ability to be flexible, use initiative, self-evaluate and to work independently under little or no supervision. Reporting
The successful person is expected to report by 3rd of January 2022.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit by 19th November 2021. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 10th December 2021, consider your application as unsuccessful.