Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No. JLIL011
Position: Chief Data Officer
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Chief Data Officer within the Digital Lab Department. The
position holder will report to the Head of Digital & Innovation and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will be responsible for developing and governing Jubilee’s data and information strategy to drive sound business decisions and growth. The role holder will also develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various business units to collect, prepare, organize, protect, and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practice. Other duties will include leading inter–disciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, and driving innovation.
1. Oversee the development of new data analytics capabilities across the business and manage on–going
comprehensive data analytics.
2. Oversee the strategic data priorities of the company and identify new business opportunities based on existing
data and provide guidance on which data to store, analyze, and exploit for the business’s benefit.
3. Provide vision for business–wide data activities and champion for data ownership, standardization, accessibility, and governance.
4. Regulate the capture, maintenance, and presentation of data and information on a global level to measure
5. Manage the lifecycle of data and information to comply with business requirements.
1. Define and oversee how the business captures, maintains, and applies data and information to support key
2. Establish the strategic direction for building the business’ data management program and optimizing how the
business uses data both internally and externally.
3. Provide thought leadership in the development, co–ordination, and implementation of data strategies to support
the company’s development plans and capture new opportunities.
4. Provide guidance on how best to leverage data assets that support the company’s strategy and offer leadership in creating and sustaining vibrant data organization, technologies, processes, and policies across the entire
1. Define and drive all analytics and business intelligence initiatives including, but not limited to, analytical models necessary to support user cases such as customer segmentation and predictive insights.
2. Optimize business performance by utilizing not only the data already available to the business, but also tapping
into new and innovative sources of data.
1. Oversee cross–functional data governance while simultaneously ensuring adoption and adherence to data quality and process governance in the relevant collaborating departments.
2. Work closely with the IT department in organizing and creating an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate channels of access controls.
3. Work with key internal and external stakeholders as well as departmental leaders and executives toward fostering a relationship of trust, whilst playing an advisory role in the use of data to improve performance and business–wide strategy formulation.
Knowledge and Opportunity
1. Promote the use of industry leading trends and new data management technologies.
2. Advise on data analytic opportunities for the business and ensure data and information compliance with the company policy and external legal requirements.
1. Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools.
2. Highly skilled in the design, development, and validation of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, and applied analytics.
3. Leadership skills.
4. Business acumen – An understanding of the business as a whole.
5. Relationship management skills.
6. Communication skills.
7. Presentation skills.
8. Ability to work with conflicting objectives.
9. Strong “can–do” attitude combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs.
1. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Analytics or
any other related field
2. A recognized relevant professional qualification
1. At least 10 years working experience in a Senior Data Analytics or Data Science position within a fast–paced and complex business setting.
2. Vast experience in building and leading data science organization or practices as well as successful experience in advocating for data analytics value across a business and to diverse audiences.
3. A proven track record in data management and experience with hands–on leadership roles while directly managing data and analytics teams and driving change within a large and complex business set–up.
4. Proven and successful experience in a consulting role for Senior Business Leadership and Executives.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 17th November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.