Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No. JLIL013
Position: Data Engineer
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Data Engineer within the Digital Lab Department. The position holder will report to the Chief Data Officer and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will provide support across our three areas of focus: Insights, Analytics, and Data. The role holder will support the team in a variety of capacities related to data strategy, analysis, data integration and data management. This includes analysis, ETL development and all things data (strategy, integration, modeling, warehousing, and management).
1. Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures.
2. Align architectures with business requirements.
3. Data acquisition.
4. Develop data set processes.
5. Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
6. Conduct research for industry and business questions.
7. Use large data sets to address business issues.
8. Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods.
9. Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
10. Find hidden patterns using data.
11. Use data to discover tasks that can be automated.
12. Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics.
1. The ideal candidate should demonstrate knowledge and interest in emerging technologies such as Machine Learning and Big Data
2. Ability to use programming language and tools.
3. Exceptional mathematical skills, in order to perform computations and work with algorithms.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to explain complex process to people who aren’t programming experts.
6. Strong analytical skills.
7. High attention to detail.
8. Innovation and creativity.
9. The ability to work with large, complex datasets.
10. Ability to work with ambiguity, translation of high–level direction to specific deliverables and effectively plan self–assigned tasks efficiently in complex work streams.
11. Ability to take business requirements and create technology solutions
12. High detail–orientation and solid logical acumen
1. Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications and/or any other related field.
2. Relevant professional qualification
3. Advanced skills in data scripting and database development technologies (SQL, C#, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Java, Batch Scripting)
4. Basic understanding of NoSQL technologies (Splunk, ELK, AWS DynamoDB)
5. Understanding of Reporting / Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire)
6. CRM / Marketing Automation Systems (Salesforce, Pardot, Exact Target, Marketo)
7. Understanding of Network Infrastructure (e.g. Firewalls, CIDR blocks, Ports etc.)
8. Understanding of Streaming/Real–Time data technologies (AWS Kinesis, Kafka, Flume)
1. 3–5 years’ experience in technology/data analytics.
2. Experience with relational database systems (MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, SAP HANA)
3. Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
4. Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Spark, RedShift, Big Query, Apache)
5. Web/Software development experience
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 17th November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.