Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No. JLIL018
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Underwriter within the New Business Department. The
position holder will report to the Head of New Business and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will achieve efficiency in life underwriting and individual pensions member registration for a variety of products to contribute to the achievement of financial objectives of the business. The role holder will also carry out duties in line with compliance of underwriting and member registration activities and processes.
1. Underwriting– Risk assessment, classifying of risk and pricing accordingly. Ensure that new clients comply with life insurance and pensions regulation relating to KYC and anti-money laundering guidelines.
2. New Business Issuance–Ensuring timely issuing of new business within given timelines.
3. Creation of Individual Pension Plan accounts and member certificate preparation within given timelines.
4. Policy Document Preparation – Signing of policy documents as per the authority limits.
5. Data Management – Ensuring data relating to new business is continuously updated and well maintained and handled with utmost confidentiality.
6. Customer Care–Ensuring timely response to customer queries, requests and adhering to “get right the first time” policy. Liaise with tied agents and intermediaries to achieve issuance of policies within given timelines.
7. Book medical fees for doctors in the system.
8. Ensure timely payment of doctors and other service providers within 30 days of invoice.
9. Keep up to date with industry changes and maintain good working relationships with our various stakeholders.
10. Manage the not taken up policies to ensure conversion of pending proposals to issued business within given timelines.
11. Monitor changes of policy premium status and identify and address process gaps within the new business.
12. Carry out financial underwriting for given policies and implement other activities aimed at improvements of new business persistency.
13. Prepare management reports on policy issuance, proposal deposits and other requirements.
14. Projects – Implementing projects relating to new business aimed at improving efficiency and accuracy.
15. Any other responsibility as may be assigned by supervisor or management from time to time
1. Entrepreneur Spirit
2. Market Awareness
3. Customer Focus
4. Continuous Innovation
5. Ownership & Commitment
6. Team Spirit
7. Attention to detail
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance or any other relevant field
2. Diploma in CII/AIIK
1. Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 17th November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.