Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date of issue: 02nd Nov 2021
Deadline for application: 12th Nov 2021
Job Title: MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER – DECENTRALIZATION
Duty Station: Homabay
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF France Kenya is looking to fill the position of a MAM DECENT to be based in Homabay. The successful candidate will report to the Project Medical Referent.
Objective of the Position:
Defining, coordinating and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
Tasks & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implementation of MSF Decentralization project (objectives and goals)
- Liaise with MoH counterparts on, team management in HIV/TB integration and Chronic care.
- Implement, manage and evaluate Mentorship- Ensures skills capacity and training based on MSF strategy, identifies needs of the local medical staff and decides on priorities of training.
- Implementation of medical activities in proposal – Engage the field team: MOH/ MSF staff in forums to ensure Best Practices are followed
- Management / rationalization of medical resources- Monitors the implementation, and proper use of diagnostic, clinical and therapeutic tools for good patient management.
- Work together with the Pharmacy Focal Mentor, Lab Manager, Patient Support Manager and M & E Manager in various aspects.
- Strategy and Planning for the Project-Writes regular reports based on the objectives, activities results, and any adaptations of MSF projects, for local authorities, coordination and field team.
- Team Management and organization – With MTL, defines the team composition and the job descriptions and be involved in organizing and planning the activities for the project team.
- Ensure Safety of patients- Together with the MOH counterparts ensures medical errors are investigated for malpractice
- Strengthen referral network- Meeting and mapping different actors within the community who can address specific issues e.g. KELIN for legal support, PLAN International for minor support, NCPWD for persons with disabilities, etc.
- Due to MSF nature of activities; other duties as assigned by the Supervisor like participating in emergency response as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Registered Clinical Officer/Medical Doctor
- Desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or any related.
Knowledge & experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Medical Doctor/Clinical Officer. Essential
- Experience in Chronic care, HIV and TB Management-Essential
- MSF experience is an added value
- English and Kiswahili
- Strategic Vision, leadership skills, People Management and Development
- Service Oriented, Teamwork and Cooperation
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to email a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file by 5 pm on 12th Nov 2021 to email@example.com and mention on the subject line “Medical Activity Manager DECENT – Homabay Project”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
We will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.