Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Medical Superintendent, the successful candidates will be expected to do diagnose, examine and manage dental patients. Her/his job is also to strengthen provision of primary Health Care activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing patients with dental conditions by diagnosing, investigating, treating and documenting;
- Admitting patients and undertaking minor oral and maxillofacial surgery; prosthetics, orthodontics, peadodonticts, restorative, periontodology and conservative dentistry;
- Carrying out dental examinations, age assessment and writing dental reports;
- Organizing and Participating in community sensitization and outreach programs on dental health care;
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and preventative procedures, establish a plan for better dental
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling
- Prescribing medications as needed and providing the appropriate follow up curative
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models,
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to
- Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes, and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care
- Ensure the delivery of all dental treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation and professional standards, including Unit policies/Procedures and quality
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related
- Supervise the work of Dental Technicians, COHO and Dental
- Prepare regular reports and present to management including plans to improve service delivery and revenue
- Work collaboratively with other departments at St.Francis Community Hospital for the benefit of the
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending/Facilitating CMEs and establishing personal
- Writing discharge summaries and follow-up of patients after surgeries;
- Ensuring all the procedures or services rendered to the patients are charged appropriatetly and on time.
Key Competencies and skills,
- Influencing, persuasion and
- Effective communication
- Policy and strategic
- Delivery on quality
- Decision-making and problem solving
- Empowering/ delegating
- High standards of professional
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory
- Coping with pressure and
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy
- MUST have completed one (1) year internship
- Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- Proficiency in computer applications
How To Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th November, 2021.