Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Medical Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for efficient delivery of anesthesiology services to patients, mentoring medical officers, junior doctors/Interns, Clinical Officer Anesthetist and assisting with critical patients in the ICU/HDU among others
- Ensuring all anaesthetic medical activities (pre-anaesthesia evaluation, administration of anaesthesia, recovery period, equipment, general organization, etc.) is done in accordance to protocols and universal hygiene
- Ensuring quality of pre, during and post-operative care of patients is maintained by assisting the doctors in evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, checking that patients authorize their operations in writing, providing them with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anaesthetics to be used before
- Ensuring that anaesthesia checklist is followed before all operations as per protocol and guidelines (oxygen level, presence of emergency material, intubation equipment, )
- Evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the Surgeon/Doctor.
- Carrying-out all anaesthetics related activities during surgery in accordance to the procedures set before-hand (by the doctor (if any)), in order to ensure patient is adequately anaesthetized and safe during the
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in place.
- Monitoring patients throughout the whole
- Supporting the medical officers/Doctors to prepare, circulate health related reports and conduct CME’s.
- Performing effective management of the patient airway and fluid
- Addressing and resolving any anesthesia-related complications that may
- Accurately and thoroughly chart pertinent patient
- Ensuring the safety of patients during consultations, surgical interventions and in the postoperative
- Ensuring the maintenance of an accurate and adequate supply of medications and
- Performing other duties as assigned by the line
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent degree from a recognized University with a Postgraduate qualification (Master of Medicine) in
- Special recognition from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board in Anesthesia is an added
- Post qualification experience in the specialty in a reputable institution of more than two
- Certification in BLS or ACLS will be an added
- The ideal candidate should have effective communication and team building skills
How To Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th November, 2021.