Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Director of Finance & Operations (DFO)/ Grants Manager -USAID/Kenya & East Africa Health Systems Strengthening – Governance
Project Overview & Position
The Director of Finance & Operations/Grants Manger is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Kenya & East Africa to redesign its health systems strengthening project. USAID/Kenya & East Africa’s Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office has realized the need to realign its HSS programming and resources to achieve equity, quality, and resource optimization. The redesign will identify and address underlying health system barriers to achieving desired and sustainable health impact, and contribute to the overall reduction in morbidity and mortality particularly for children under 5 and women of reproductive age. As part of this overall objective, there will be emphasis to ensure strengthened governance and accountability structures, policy development and implementation for responsive health systems which promote equity, quality, and resource optimization. The DFO/Grants Manager will oversee financial operations and tasks, including management of grants and sub-grants, in addition to accounting, procurement, etc. according to USAID and USG procedures, rules, and regulations, and will supervise the accounting team to coordinate reporting activities.
- Extensive senior-level experience managing finance, administration, grants management, and operations activities for complex and large-scale donor funded programs, particularly with subcontractors. Significant experience in the management of programs of the same complexity and size.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations, and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience with supervision and oversight of subgrants and subcontracts
- Demonstrated experience in management, supervision, and coordination of a team of senior finance, HR, and operations professionals
- Excellent knowledge of local labor laws and policy interpretation
- Advanced skills in budgeting and financial reporting with USAID programs and projects
- Knowledge of basic accounting software packages, advanced proficiency in Word and Excel
- Superior attention to detail: organizational skills, planning skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills, and critical thinking.
- Fluency in English.
- Provides overall management of administrative operations, including logistics, procurement, budgeting, finances, human resources, information technology, property, and security.
- Oversees sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, procurement, and compliance.
- Support COP to maintain effective working relationships with donors and key government officials related to finance and operations.
- Support the annual workplan process and other strategic planning processes.
- Coordinate budgeting processes for program activities and conduct continual analysis and planning of operating, staff, and external project expenditures.
- Manage the procurement process, including negotiating competitive prices and documenting decision-making processes in accordance with USAID and Palladium’s regulations.
- Monitor salaries and benefits to ensure they are in line with agreed budget plans and competitive compensation structure benchmarking studies.
- Ensure contractual obligations are sound and appropriate for project.
- Supervises financial operations and monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for USAID.
- Coordinates and manages the mobilization of short-term and long-term technical assistance and administrative staff.
- Develops internal control measures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting at the headquarters and field levels.
- Conducts internal and coordinates external financial audits.
- Fluent writing, reporting, and presentational skills in English.
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.