Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director – USAID/Kenya & East Africa Health Systems Strengthening – Governance
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Project Overview & Position
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Kenya & East Africa to redesign its health systems strengthening project. USAID/Kenya & East Africa’s Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office has realized the need to realign its HSS programming and resources to achieve equity, quality, and resource optimization. The redesign will identify and address underlying health system barriers to achieving desired and sustainable health impact and contribute to the overall reduction in morbidity and mortality particularly for children under 5 and women of reproductive age. As part of this overall objective, there will be emphasis to ensure strengthened governance and accountability structures, policy development and implementation for responsive health systems which promote equity, quality, and resource optimization. The MEL Director will provide technical leadership to capture and communicate program results, as well as ensure high-quality, timely, valid, and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis. S/he will link M&E data to a process of learning and iterative adaptation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to capture and communicate program results, as well as ensure high-quality, timely, valid, and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Develop and implements framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning and development effectiveness to measure and report project success, including articulation of Theories of Change (ToC).
- Using a CLA framework, ensures that lessons learned, and best practices are captured, synthesized, reported, and disseminated.
- Review and update the project’s M&E plan on an on-going basis.
- Supports prioritization and regular use of health information by project partners at national and subnational levels, leveraging routine information systems to the extent possible, and supports prioritization of indicators and strengthening of data for effective governance, coordination, and accountability of health services.
- Provides leadership and technical oversight, support, and direction on performance monitoring across all operational components of project. Coordinate and manage all monitoring, evaluation, and research and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produces according to USAID guidelines.
- Responsible for report requirements on project delivery to USAID.
- Ensures that the MEL system adheres to USAID guidelines and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting.
- Leads efforts to develop and implement an effective knowledge management system to ensure lessons and best practices are incorporated into ongoing interventions and innovative approaches.
- Leads development, selection, and application of M&E processes and tools.
- Lead and manage staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development.
- Provide technical staff training where necessary (i.e. On- the- job -training, through coaching or formal short courses facilitated by managers themselves to develop to skills and knowledge).
- Provides strategic guidance on MEL activities and oversees MEL activities across the project, including indicator selection, baseline assessments, and setting targets.
- Guides team efforts to use data and research to inform evidence-based program design and adaptive management.
- Oversees and advises on information management processes by reviewing data collection efforts, overall data reliability, consistency, quality, and reporting.
- Fluent writing, reporting, and presentational skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, organizing, and analyzing large amounts of data as well as the ability to design manageable, transparent M&E systems that report progress against indicators throughout the life of the project.
- Demonstrated experience with complex donor-funded development projects
- Experience with USAID rules and regulations, as well as best practices in M&E
- Proficiency in data analysis software, Excel, Word, and other MS Office software
- Experience in leading and oversight of qualitative and quantitative research and demonstrated experience managing data collection teams
- Prior experience developing, implementing, and managing performance monitoring plans (PMPs)
- Excellent organizational and management skills to manage MEL teams and activities
- Significant experience in a senior management role on a donor funded program.
- Significant supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of USAID regulations and M&E reporting requirements, preferably in the health sector.
- Fluency in English.
Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.