Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior ETL Engineer
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status. Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Funded under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) anticipates 5-year funding to support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems.
These innovations include the scale up of electronic medical records systems (EMRs) for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the enhancement of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDWH), a centralized data repository of data from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of data across systems, the enhancement of mHealth solutions and numerous other innovations including patient identification and informatics solutions to support health surveillance.
Reporting to the Senior Architect Data Warehousing and Infrastructure, the Senior ETL Engineer is responsible for the development and management of ETL data pipelines in line with work plan and team objectives and develops specific products assigned in adherence to the business and functional requirements, quality objectives and timelines set, and works with a team of individuals from development, quality assurance, business analyst, and Data Engineers on Kenya National Data Warehouse.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and continuously expand DWH data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation, and loading activities.
- Performance Tuning and optimization of the DWH databases, Queries and Views.
- Serve as the Data warehouse Database Administrator.
- Support data modelling and data mart development.
- Synthesis of requirements, identification, and analysis of data sources for mapping and performing data quality tests to support source system mapping exercise.
- Defining and arbitrating the transformation rules per source system and develop ETLs to populate respective data marts.
- Perform data profiling functions and interrogation queries against source systems and verifying data marts after ETL processes.
- Work closely with the Epidemiologist in developing data products for the larger stakeholder groups.
- Work with QA to resolve data quality, inconsistency, and integrity issues.
- Perform data administration for the Data Warehouse
- Perform duties and tasks as assigned by Infrastructure and Sustainability lead
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field (such as Telecommunications or IT).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with system databases (SQL and NoSQL) at Enterprise level.
- Extensive experience with ETL and Data Transformation tools such as Talend, Pentaho Data Integration and SSIS.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and scripting (SQL, NoSQL, and distributed databases).
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse design and data modeling principles.
- Extensive experience in system and data migration for mission critical technologies.
- Industry experience in Linux and Windows administration for mission critical systems.
- Experience in engaging closely with Software developers and Data Use teams to deliver highly available and scalable
- Business intelligence (BI) services with minimal/zero downtime.
- Demonstrable experience with Application Development, Infrastructure Delivery Automation, Orchestration, Configuration
- Management and Testing tools.
- Experience in driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes.
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages and frameworks, including but not limited to Java, Node,
- SOAP (XML), REST (HTTP), Bash and Python.
- Fluency in English language.
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.