Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Service Desk Support specialist
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Funded under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) anticipates 5-year funding to support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems.
These innovations include the scale up of electronic medical records systems (EMRs) for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the enhancement of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDW), a centralized data repository of data from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of data across systems, the enhancement of mHealth solutions and numerous other innovations including patient identification and informatics solutions to support health surveillance.
Reporting to the Service Desk Lead, the Service Desk support specialist will provide structured support to end user and emergency support to technical HIS support teams as envisioned in the Service desk concept, maintain the Service desk in a functional state to receive feedback from HIS users through toll- free call center, and facilitate access through Jira Service Desk and email and remote log-in of user issues, maintain an up-to date contact list of technical teams who can log in issues and user feedback through JIRA Service Desk, respond to questions and other issues raised by users through the Service desk system within the time specified in the project charter and keep the users informed of the state of their concerns, analyze user reported issues and escalate as appropriate, maintain and bi-directional linkage between Service desk system and JIRA, prepare reports on the performance of the Service and user Uptake of Service desk and capacity building activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To respond and provide feedback to user issues reported via the Service Desk software, email, WhatsApp, SMS, and remote log-in.
- To triage, document in the Service Desk system and provide a respond to all issues received within the time specified in the project charter and keep the users informed of the state of their issues.
- To provide emergency support to technical HIS support teams as envisioned in the Service Desk concept.
- To maintain an up-to-date contact list of technical teams who can log in issues and user feedback through the Service Desk software.
- Analyze user reported issues and escalate to the appropriate team, Quality Assurance team or Capacity building team or Dev team or any other relevant team.
- Maintain helpdesk related issues in JIRA.
- Prepare and review weekly report on the performance of the Service Desk and user uptake of Service Desk services.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Service Desk Lead
- BSc. in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
- Knowledge of various HIS products i.e., Electronic Medical Record, National Data warehouse and e-health applications
- Basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals
- Experience with at least one DBMS i.e. PostgreSQL, MySQL and MS SQL Server or other relational databases.
- 5+ years of experience supporting Windows and Linux based environments.
- Working knowledge of a range of software and hardware diagnostic tools.
- Experience working with service desk best practices.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade, and transform.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and critical thinking.
- Ability to collaboratively forge partnerships with MOH and other USG implementing mechanisms that are supporting health informatics
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.