Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Funded under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) anticipates 5-year funding to support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems.
These innovations include the scale up of electronic medical records systems (EMRs) for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the enhancement of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDW), a centralized data repository of data from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of data across systems, the enhancement of mHealth solutions and numerous other innovations including patient identification and informatics solutions to support health surveillance.
Reporting to the Senior Software Developer, the Software Developer is responsible for the execution of software development tasks in line with work plan and team objectives and develops specific products assigned in adherence to the business and functional requirements, quality objectives and timelines set, and works with a team of individuals from development, quality assurance, business analyst, and solution architects on core systems which include eHealth, mHealth and interoperability layer solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business analysts, product owner, domain experts, and other stakeholders to gather and translate user stories, business requirements and use cases into clear and appropriate functional, technical, and operational specifications and designs for health informatics applications.
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines, and conventions to design, develop, and test applications.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Maintain existing HIS by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Integrate HIS software components and other third-party programs.
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the project.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Ensure secure coding practices are adhered to in all phases of the secure development life cycle.
- Collaborate within existing open-source digital health / global goods communities to leverage standards and contributions of multiple interested parties for shared solutions to common problems.
- Apply data and technology standards in software and engineering projects (HL7, FHIR, LOINC, ICD-10, etc).
- Conduct work breakdown planning for development and provide accurate and timely estimates for completing programming of features, bug fixes, and requests for scheduling into the SDLC.
- Follow Agile process and implement best practices.
- Any other duty as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information technology or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in web development with at least 3 years’ experience developing OpenMRS.
- Advanced experience in developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, H2 SQL) with great SQL query writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows on desktop, server, tablet, and mobile systems.
- Strong knowledge in RESTful web services.
- Working experience with GIT, Docker, Ansible, Gradle, Maven, Spring, Hibernate.
- Exposure to an agile development environment using Scrum.
- UI/UX experience.
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.