Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technical Advisor, Private Sector Demand Creation
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Project Overview & Position
The Technical Advisor, Private Sector Demand Creation is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Kenya & East Africa to promote Private Sector Opportunities to a Fully Private Care and Treatment. USAID/Kenya & East Africa’s Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office has realized the need to expand their approach to private sector engagement, and the paradigm of their relationships to be more transformational and private sector led. In line with USAID’s new Private Sector Policy, USAID/KEA’s office has prioritized the following areas to engage the private sector to reshape the healthcare supply in Kenya using market-based approaches that will increase access and contribute to a sustainable health system: 1.) Expand and strengthen supply chain partnerships; 2.) Increase the availability of small-scale private sector health providers; 3.) Increase access to financing for private health sector firms; and 4.) Harness ICT/digital health private sector opportunities to scale up health delivery. The Demand Generation Lead will support the project team by providing program management and oversight to specific technical tasks and activities, largely focused on demand generation.
- Analyze demand for and challenges of increasing access to selected health services and products, and among priority target groups in the private sector
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance (i.e. market segmentation) on demand generation in the project focus counties and oversee technical approach to advocacy for the project with key stakeholders
- Lead the design and implementation of behavior change communication strategies and demand generation interventions to increase uptake of health services offered by the private sector
- Identify challenges and bottlenecks to services uptake, effective prioritisation of established or innovative solutions to demand generation and proactively address any delays/breakdowns/impediments to enhanced demand generation
- Formulate locally appropriate demand generation strategies and tools using a mix of effective communication channels based on national models, templates, and standards, based on local analyses, or developed by other relevant projects
- Supervise the design and development of qualitative and formative research including the establishment of performance indicators and measures to monitoring and record outcome and impact data
- Establish a robust monitoring and evaluation framework for demand generation, with effective metrics that can be adapted according to country priorities and needs
- Identify, develop, and sustain partnerships for innovative demand generation with the potential to increase coverage in an equitable and sustainable fashion at national and county levels
- Support innovation in the areas of demand generation by building partnerships and promoting testing, learning, and scaling of innovative approaches and best practices, and sharing learnings with partners to achieve broader scale up
- Initiates and participates in evaluation of targeted demand generation strategies and assessment activities with the goal of improving project outcomes.
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate technical assistance provision
- Oversee the development, testing, and implementation of training curricula and tools related to demand generation.
- Work closely with stakeholders, IPs, and the project team to identify and address challenges in private sector health service delivery.
- Supervise/support local partners promoting community participation as part of integrated community interventions
- Contribute to annual work planning process in close collaboration with project team.
- Ensure compliance with USAID operational policies, branding guidelines and regulations.
- Excellent writing, reporting, and presentation skills in English.
- Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences, international development, or in a related field.
- At least 8 years of professional experience working in the areas of demand generation, behavioral science or communication for development, providing technical assistance in generating demand to improve the effectiveness of public health services
- At least 5 years of experience in the areas of private sector health service delivery, focused on demand generation.
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity building and training at individual and organizational levels.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Kenyan healthcare system, with experience living and working in Kenya preferred.
- Experience in development and implementing demand generation interventions with a demonstrated track record of achieving results
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA), with specific experience identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination, and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of IPs and private health care providers.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID guidelines and regulations.
- Fluency in English.
- Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.