Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nursing Manager, Nursing Division.
- Complete initial assessment and re-assessment of obstetric mothers and new-born babies to identify their care needs
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Develops and implements prepartum, intrapartum, post-partum and new born care plan
- Proficient in Management of labour, delivery and third stage
- Ability to perform and repair episiotomy
- Ability to repair first and second degree tears
- Carry out and interpret Cardiotocography (CTG) and Non Stress Test (NST) and act on findings
- Administers safely and is knowledgeable about medications routinely used in obstetrics
- Is able to recognize obstetric and neonatal emergencies and involve multidisciplinary team as appropriate
- Initiates timely initial immunizations for new borns as per guidelines
- Proficiency in caring for mothers’ post- surgical procedures
- Perform timely safety checks on equipment as per policy guidelines
- KRCHN/KRM/BScN from a recognized school of Nursing or University
- Current Licensure with the Nursing council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certification in advanced life support in obstetrics ( ALSO)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an acute care hospital.
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in Obstetric nursing
How To Apply