Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Clinical Practice Educator
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Surgical Ward Manager, Nursing Division.
- Leads the team in development, implementation and monitoring of unit based clinical policies and procedures
- Guides nurses in the assessment of patient care needs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing interventions
- Identifies learning needs of the nurses and assumes responsibility for development and implementation of unit‑based in-service programs for all nursing staff
- Ensures that all documentation related to patient care is done as well as ensure that staff are familiar with the documentation policy
- Participates in the Nursing Division Nursing Quality Assurance audit program
- Guides nursing staff in initiation of and participation in Hospital-wide as well as Unit-based nursing research projects;
- Ensures a monthly report of learning activities and spot checks are submitted to the relevant entities on time
- Takes lead in unit based continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects.
- Communicates effectively with the multidisciplinary team about all clinical matters such as infection control in assigned unit, spot checks and documentation.
- In collaboration with the Director nursing Practice, fosters development of nurses to maximum potential through providing educational/training opportunities and exposure to appropriate learning forums.
- Reviews patient allocation to determine correct patient assignment according to the nurse’s competence.
- Participates in discharge planning and ensures participation of patient’s family and significant others
- Designs methods to motivate nurses in assigned unit to pursue individual professional growth and development
- Registered nurse (KRN/M; KRCHN) with a BSc-Nursing degree
- Current licensure with the Kenya Nursing Council
- Computer and the Microsoft office packages proficiency
- Certification in BLS will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical nursing experience in an acute care teaching hospital.
- Must possess teaching abilities, leadership qualities, professional judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and a sense of professional development.
How To Apply