Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Institute of Human Development
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. www.aku.edu
The Aga Khan University has launched an ECD Workforce Hub housed and led by the AKU Institute for Human Development. This virtual hub is intended to advance the wellbeing of children and families by strengthening the capacity of the ECD workforce to deliver high quality programs and policies. Underpinned by the Nurturing Care Framework and the Sustainable Development Goals, the Hub will build on previous work undertaken by the Institute for Human Development since its inception in 2014 through its Hilton Phase I and II projects (2014-2019), World Bank Early Years Fellowship project (2017-2018), and the UNICEF/LEGO Foundation Scaling Up Playful Parenting project (2019-2021).
The Hub aims to provide
- Evidence-based professional development courses to frontline workers, policy makers and practitioners in delivering effective ECD care and services
- Technical advisory services to meso- and senior-level government officials, policy makers and practitioners working in the ECD sector to make decisions on priority investments to advance holistic child development and
- Knowledge into action services by translating scientific research from the region and global levels into accessible resources for specific target audiences, including but not limited to, policy makers, frontline workers, program practitioners, and parents/caregivers
The ECD Hub Manager will take the lead in coordinating all the hub activities including training programmes, policy engagement, technical support to county governments and ensuring high quality knowledge in action products. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Manage the delivery of high quality ECD short courses and workshops including planning for trainings, managing participant applications, selection and communication.
- Coordinate preparation of training materials including course evaluations and translation of course content as required.
- Coordinate the development of new courses; support lead consultants to develop, test and roll out newly developed courses.
- Support the contracting of suitable facilitator teams and ensure they are supported to deliver their tasks, including working with the team to facilitate their travel and logistics as needed.
- Manage course database and training records and maintain up-to-date training materials and equipment.
- Manage requests from individuals and institutions for courses or workshops and facilitate trainings and workshops from time to time.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of up-to-date information and communication materials
- Identify and document lessons learned and best practices for decision making by leadership.
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of webinars and online technical help chats in collaboration with the team and partners.
- Provide initiative in maintaining positive, productive and ongoing communication with the Hub’s large variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in external meetings and contribute to enhancing the visibility of the hub among stakeholders
- Coordinate and support the implementation team to deliver on their tasks to a high standard.
- Lead in the collection and documentation of data related to policy analysis for the target counties.
- Working closely with the technical persons and other relevant stakeholders at the county, establish county specific gaps and recommend the appropriate technical support required.
- Using the identified policy gaps from each of the counties, and through a participatory process, develop a technical support implementation strategy.
- In consultation with the Government Liaison Officer and Government officials in the county, identify all available opportunities to provide technical support and engage with the Counties’ Integrated Planning process to provide advice on ECD related plans and outcomes
- Provide continuous technical support through progress review meetings or any other mechanism deemed appropriate based on specific county needs.
- Compile short reports for each county on gaps and opportunities identified, analysis processes, recommendations and advisory provided to share with all stakeholders and track progress
- In collaboration with the Communications Officer, develop policy briefs, fact sheets, and other communication products targeting decision makers in the counties
- Identify and document lessons learned and best practices for decision making by leadership
- Document evidence of processes and activities through photography, videography, interviews, and testimonials, in collaboration with the Communications Officer at IHD
- Ensure that narrative progress reports are prepared and submitted on time to the funder.
- Must possess a Master’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other allied field with at least 4 years’ relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in implementing ECD programmes in Kenya
- Experience in coordinating or supporting a multi-partner, multi-country project
- Demonstrable experience and skills to engage high level stakeholders from government, development partners and donors among others
- Experience in community mobilization and partner engagement process
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Strong analytical skills.
- Should be willing to travel within and outside the country
How To Apply