Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nurse Practice Instructor
Nursing Education Services
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Director, Nursing Division.
- Should make rounds at specified units to ensure that safe practice environment is maintained at all times and that nurses have been assigned patients to the appropriate level of clinical expertise.
- Participates and initiates activities to keep pace with trends in Nursing
- Ensures the identified skill checks of the month have been done by at least 90% of the staff during the month.
- Conducts a spot-check on 20% of patients weekly, to ensure that the Initial Assessment Form, Nursing Process Record, The Vital signs chart, Patient Education Record, and the Input/output chart is completed by the Primary nurse and appends his/her signature on at least 20% of the documents to confirm completeness.
- Responsible for identifying learning needs of the nursing staff and designs courses to meet them.
- Collaborate with the NES manager to create an NES annual plan which incorporates Infection Control Practice.
- Works and collaborates with the Nurse Manager to ensure staff participation in Hospital-wide Education programs in a fair and equitable manner
- Works and collaborates with the CPE to ensure 90% participation by staff in unit specific mandatory programmes.
- Collaborates with the Director, Nursing Practice in setting annual nursing division goals and objectives and budgeting for the nursing division.
- Participates in the Nursing Division Quality Assurance /NQIPS audit program
- Takes lead in unit based Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects, Clinical Care Program Certification (CCPC), and ensures participation by nurses
- Takes initiative in preparing unit specific protocols to guide nursing practice.
- Ensures that all existing unit policies, procedures and protocols are reviewed and updated as per schedule and are in line with international best practice.
- Ensure follow up of audit recommendations with corrective and preventive actions by the CPE
- Maintain and develop own professional competencies and knowledge by participating in continuing education sessions at ward level and within the Hospital and externally and to develop own training needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (BScN) and/or other formal post‑basic preparation in clinical teaching and specific area(s) of clinical practice
- Registered nurse (KRN/M; KRCHN) committed to a BSc-Nursing degree programme.
- Current licensure with the Kenya Nursing Council
- Computer and the Microsoft office packages proficiently
- Certification in BLS, ACLS, ATLS will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical nursing experience in an acute care teaching hospital.
- Minimum of two (2) years continuous experience in a busy Critical Care unit.
- Must possess teaching abilities, leadership qualities, professional judgement, critical thinking and problem solving abilities and a sense of professional development.
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in critical care nursing.
How To Apply