Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Research Officer: ECD Technical Officer
Institute of Human Development – (210001I4)
Institute of Human Development
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. www.aku.edu
The Institute for Human Development at Aga Khan University is planning to launch a series of studies on early childhood development. These mixed method longitudinal studies will collect data over a period of time with the intention to generate knowledge- on risk, protective and promotive factors for early childhood development in arid and semi-arid regions of Kenya.
The research officer will support with all research activities within the project as well as support in providing short courses and trainings to frontline workers in the ECD field. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Support the project P.I. in developing research proposals, acquiring ethics approval and supervising data collection, management, analysis and dissemination.
- In liaison with an M&E consultant, facilitate the county teams to develop and use an ECD M&E framework to ensure ECD outcomes are realized
- Support the M&E consultant in implementing a longitudinal evaluation of the work of the Hub.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the various short courses to be offered by the AKU ECD workforce hub.
- In collaboration with the Communications Officer, develop policy briefs, fact sheets, and other communication products targeting decision makers at the counties.
- Identify and document lessons learned and best practices for decision making by leadership.
- Document evidence of processes and activities through photography, videography, interviews and testimonials in collaboration with the Communications Officer at IHD.
- Must possess a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Education, Public Health, Nursing or other allied field OR a Bachelor’s degree in any of these fields with at least 5 years of experience.
- Should have experience coordinating or supporting a research project.
- Should have a strong background in mixed methods research.
- Have strong oral and academic writing skills
- Possess advanced statistical analysis skills with working knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative statistical softwares
- Have experience in community mobilization and partner engagement processes
- Demonstrate the ability to document research study processes and outcomes as well as compile donor reports.
- Should be fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- Any background experience in training and facilitation is desirable.
- Should be willing to travel within and outside the country
How To Apply