Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Economic strengthening Project Officer, the Economic Strengthening assistant is responsible for supporting the DREAMS economic strengthening activities which include supporting Local Market Assessment, rollout, monitoring and supporting youth savings groups, provision of start-up kits, enrolment of youth on apprenticeship and vocational training in addition to linkage to employment and internship; ensuring quality of intervention meets the project objectives. He/she will support DREAMS to conduct sensitization meetings on economic strengthening initiatives, engagement of local actors and preparing monthly project performance reports.
Project Coordination and Supervision
- Works with the Social workers to develop responsive monthly work plans and ensures implementation of the plans and prudent utilization of resources.
- Holds regular feedback meetings and community meetings to review progress, address emerging issues and plan for subsequent actions.
- Conducts support supervision visits to project beneficiaries ensuring that beneficiaries are adequately provided with needed support.
- Continually communicates to the Project officer, Economic Strengthening officer and Social workers on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
- Takes lead in developing working relationships and linkages with Community leaders as well with other OVC and youth actors to promote economic strengthening initiatives and market Tujitegemee project.
Service delivery to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
- Participate in enrolment, provision of services and graduation of AGYW as prescribed in the DREAM implementation guideline.
- Conduct market assessment to identify market-led opportunities available for vulnerable groups and AGYW and stakeholders and community resources mapping.
- Work with project team to link AGYW not in school to relevant empowerment programs e.g. CAP YEI, AJIRA project, KEYOP.
- Work with the DCS and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of AGYW and their households to GOK cash transfers, economic strengthening programs, Internship, Apprenticeship and other support.
- Work with GoK departments and county government departments to offer extension services to strengthen the capacity of parenting groups, YSLA/VSLA groups and peer to peer support groups.
- Link AGYW to GOK and financial institutions for financial advisory services and funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with social workers and other stakeholders in the identification, enrolment and monitoring of AGYW in vocational, apprenticeship, employment, internship and income opportunities.
- Conduct quality checks on the delivery of Financial capability and Entrepreneurship trainings and recommend quality improvement actions to facilitators.
- Conduct focused group discussions with AGYW for quality improvement on economic strengthening activities.
- Work with Field Agents and Entrepreneurship Training Facilitators in formation and supervision of YSLA and AGYW caregiver savings groups.
- Document partnership and linkages opportunities for AGYW and their caregivers.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- Conduct structured support supervisions, checks and document outcomes of AGYW startups, VSLA/YSLA groups and other AGYW economic strengthening initiatives at the community.
- Participate in data review meetings together with the project team and other stakeholders to ensure effective data entry, analysis, reporting and accountability for results.
- Support project team members to identify, document, and disseminate knowledge products to build on evidence based practices in Economic strengthening initiatives.
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly reporting to the SPO DREAMS and HE.
- Diploma in business administration, community development, agriculture and other related disciplines.
- Previous experience working with decentralized, community-based projects
- Previous experience with savings group programming is preferred
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to be based in the field and to travel long distances
- Fluency in one or more languages of the operating area
- Good community mobiliser and facilitator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle – (Added advantage)
- Valid motorcycle permit
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th November 2021. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number ES/ASST /11/2021 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.