Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Health Informatics Coordinator: CHS/HR/STP/HIC/01/2021
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the position of: Health Informatics Coordinator CHS/HR/STP/HIC/01/2021
Reporting to the Strategic Information Advisor, the Health Informatics Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of HIS solutions that will lead to real-time data collection, submission and sharing and support Health Systems in CHS Shinda Tena project in Siaya County.
- Design, develop, deploy and support Electronic Medical Records Systems.
- Design and maintain web-based data capture systems and reporting dashboards
- Support the development of scripts for EMR data extraction and aggregation for program progress monitoring and reporting through the DATIM and MOH system (DHIS)
- Support the uploading facility EMR data into the National Data Warehouse (NDWH).
- Design, develop and implement web-based and mobile health solutions to facilitate real-time data transmission and report sharing.
- Support EMR data cleaning and monitoring of daily data entry into the systems
- Design, development, deployment and support of electronic systems for patient monitoring, as well as the aggregate database for program monitoring and reporting to MOH and donors
- Implementation of solutions that will lead to real-time data collection, submission and sharing
- Hardware and network setup and maintenance
- Write programming scripts to perform automated data accuracy checks and generate reports of any identified inconsistencies
- Generate monthly data summaries to help track and inform on program performance
- Support the roll-out of eHTS, IL, Ushauri, WebADIT and new KenyaEMR modules and Mlab
- Support the development and operationalization of the POC EMR systems.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology or other relevant degrees. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in supporting HIS solutions that are used in HIV programs in Kenya.
- Experience in the design, programming and administration of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in the Windows Server and Linux Server Administration.
- Experience in networking & hardware maintenance.
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining knowledge management systems that facilitate data use for decision making.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and implementation of web and mobile-based solutions.
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records’ development, implementation and support.
- Knowledge of DATIM & PEPFAR reporting systems Ability to work effectively in a busy, high-pressure team environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CVs with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly quoting the position you are applying for and reference number as indicated in the subject line. Applications close on Friday 12 November 2021. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.