Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Safety Manager, the ideal candidate will be responsible to planning, implementing and coordinating flight safety and ensure compliance with required regulations, procedures and policies. He/she is also required to conduct safety audits, capture, analyze, disseminate, and archive flight safety information to all concerned and to ensure improvement of flight safety.
- Identify and establish audit findings on both planned and achieved rosters for Flight Crew and discuss with the relevant line managers and jointly agree on actions to be implemented to ensure a cost effective and fairness in duty distributions.
- Collect, collate, document and produce periodic air safety reports and safety trends for the attention of the manager.
- Conduct safety audits of operational systems, infrastructure and procedures affecting or likely to affect the company operations.
- Follow up and verify the implementation of the safety recommendations developed after investigation or by the safety committees.
- Build and maintain a sound and updated safety data bank of incidents reported within the company.
- Provide support to the FDMs team particularly on the interpretation of the analyzed data, and synchronize ASR and FDMS outputs.
- Assist in investigating aircraft and equipment incidents and accidents and make appropriate safety recommendations.
- Prepare, produce and disseminate to flight crew and staff, periodic safety bulletins and magazines.
- Improve, maintain and promotie an efficient Corporate Emergency Response Plan, including the amendment of the ERPM.
- Ensure implementation of safety, security and emergency standards at all times.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
Knowledge, Skills and experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field/Diploma in Aviation related field from a recognized University.
- Diploma or certificate in Safety Management.
- Must possess CPL License or Flight Operations Officer License.
- Training and experience in Accident Investigation skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Safety Management System.
- Thorough working knowledge of Airline operations, Civil Aviation Authority, ICAO and IATA Procedure/and regulations.
- Demonstration of ability to write Technical Safety Management Manuals or Procedures.
- Demonstrable understanding & skills for conducting successful Safety Audits.
- Demonstrable experience in report writing.
- Conversant with relevant IT Tools and Systems.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Results oriented.
- Personal Initiative.
- Good organizational skills.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy of your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.