Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Branch: Kilimani Branch – Head Office
Reports to: Enterprise Risk Management, Head
Credit Risk Officer – Monitoring & Control
To monitor the performance of the portfolio and report to the various committees such as Board Credit, Management, Management Credit, and the Remedial, Committees of the bank.
To oversee implementation of Climate risk and related Environmental and Social Risks in Credit and report to the various stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Monitoring the performance of the various Business segments’ credit Portfolio to ensure that the asset quality is maintained and improved within the benchmarked thresholds on PAR, delinquency and Migration to ensure provision costs are within set targets.
- Monitoring the performance of pre-90 accounts in order to identify unique cases for write-offs/write-downs, upgrades, restructures and waiver of arrears on contracts that qualify
- Ensuring that the interest rates for facilities are correctly allocated and ensure that the provisions are adequate for every contract and that the excess provisions are written back.
• Engaging with the debtors through meetings, visits, calls and correspondences in order to draft repayment plans and identify cases that require statutory or legal actions and recommend accordingly
- Ensuring the business has a proper debt recovery and collection strategy on nonperforming assets through customer follow-ups.
- Ensure business units are complying with internal policies and procedures to ensure that customer credit appraisals are of high quality to minimize lending risks through top-notch KYC/AML checklists and also loans advanced are within the bank lending policies.
• For trade finance products, closely monitoring the fees and commissions that are being collected as required
- For check-off loans in order to recommend actions for dropped, partially adopted or non-adopted loans as well as recommend waiver and restructuring for check-off loans that that are receiving correct payments
- Ensure compliance to credit limits and processes, debtors’ compliance to covenants
- Review and recommend improvements to bank credit processes, checklists, reports, limits utilization, and approvals
- Perform risk analysis on Loan documentation and processing, Securities perfection of secured loans, financial analysis on the loan application.
- Implementation of Climate risk and related Environmental and Social Risks in Credit and reporting to the various stakeholders.
Direct Reporting of this position: ERM Head.
Direct Reports to this position: NIL
Customers of this Position: Internal Customers – Business staff, management/ External Customers – Debt collectors, customers
- Asset quality below the benchmarked thresholds on PAR, delinquency and Migration and provision costs are not within set threshold.
- Unique cases for write-offs/write-downs, upgrades, restructures and waiver of arrears on contracts that qualify
- Allocation of interest rates for facilities are correct and provisions are adequate for every contract
- Identify cases that require statutory or legal actions and recommend accordingly
- Proper debt recovery and collection strategy on nonperforming assets through customer follow-ups for the business.
- Compliance level of the business with internal policies, procedures and limits
- Revenue leakage for fees commissions collected, and provisions writebacks, interest charged on loans
- Identify gaps in the implementation of CBK Prudential guidelines on credit management, climate risk management in the banking sector and requirements of the banking sector charter
- First Degree preferably in Finance, Commerce or business or other related fields.
- Grasp on CBK Prudential guidelines, credit management in the banking sector
- Minimum of 3 years in risk management, credit department in the banking industry .
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Product knowledge of structured financial products, risk pricing, and equity investments.
- Familiarity with credit-enhancing mechanisms, risk mitigation and treatment of collateral regarding credit and investment exposures.
- In-depth knowledge of credit risk-related financial analysis, procedures, and systems in complex global financial services settings.
- Proven skills and working experience in risk assessment practices
- A solid understanding of credit and risk management; detail-oriented; quantitative analysis skills would be an advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Certified Public Accountant
- Risk certifications are an added advantage
Apply by: 19th Nov, 2021