Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB TITLE Procurement Specialist
REPORTING TO Head of Procurement and Administration
DIRECTORATE Global Programmes
DEPARTMENT/UNIT Global Health Security (GHS)
DUTY STATION Nairobi, Kenya
The Procurement Specialist will lead project procurement activities and processes, overseeing all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, strategy, tool, and process implementation for procurement of goods and services of the GHS initiatives. S/he will build strong relationships with vendors, service providers, and partners and develop and implement efficient practices, standardized tools, and procedures for rapid procurement procedures, decision–making and evaluation. The role will lead in the development and execution of a performance driven supplier management process, implement, and maintain procurement policies to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices as well as compliance with Amref’s internal and regulatory policies in countries of operation.
• Bachelor of Business Administration and Management/Supplies Management.
• Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (CIPS).
• Must be a member of relevant Professional Body.
• Master’s degree in Purchasing and/or Logistics will be an added advantage.
• Eight (8) years working experience in a fast–paced organisation with high volume procurements.
• Experience in Purchasing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
• Good understanding of the local market forces and pricing system .
Skills and Competencies
• Good communications and interpersonal skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Presentation skills
• Analytical, strategic
• High Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
• Team player with creative thinking and flexibility depending on the needs and demands of procurement.
Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be November 19, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the advert may be pulled down before the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.