Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Full-time, Start-Date: Immediate Mandate
Our GroR platform enables smallholder farmers to access off-takers by ensuring full chain of custody and high-quality crops. We provide them with the right quality inputs, access to capital and risk-mitigation as well as training. In our current pilot project, we are present in Tharaka, Makueni, Bungoma, Lamu, Meru, Kitui and Kilifi.
Grain Connect is seeking a talented and experienced Frontend Angular Developer – Nairobi based to join our growing agricultural business by assisting our local implementing partner Farmshine to expand our GroR platform.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Grain Connect, the Frontend Developer is expected to be responsible and accountable for the backend development.
- 5+ years working in front-end web development
- Extensive programming experience in HTML5, CSS3, SASS or LESS, and Bootstrap, Foundation or Materialize
- Solid understanding and development experience in Angular
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with tools like Redux, Webpack, Angular CLI and/or Gulp
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- TDD/BDD experience (Jest, Jasmine, Karma or Chai)
- Experience with client-side architecture and design patterns
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with version control tools like Git, SVN or Mercurial
- Exceptional problem solving and ability to work independently
- Exceptional learning skills
- Fluency in both oral and written English
Key Competencies (skills)
- Excellent decision making and organizational skills
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Ability to convey complex information in a way that people understand
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Team player
Experience and Education
- S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (Strong Computer Science fundamentals)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with NodeJS and ExpressJS, SailsJS or Loopback
- Experience working with Docker or Vagrant
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Sketch
- Experience with mobile app development frameworks like Ionic or React Native
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience with Relational Databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL and Non-Relational Databases like MongoDB or Cassandra
How To Apply
Grain Connect believes that diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity and equity into everything we do. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented, driven and entrepreneurial minded people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your CV by COB 15th November 2021. We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.