Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its Corporate objectives.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
RE: TD/02/11/2021: PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL OFFICER – PRODUCTION – SS BE 3 (1 POSITION)
The job holder will be responsible for the oversight of the technical functions, implementation of policies and strategic work plans in the production sections of the technical department. Oversight of monitoring of live broadcast, production studio and control room equipment performance as well as monitoring of signal quality as it is generated, received, processed and distributed for transmission, to ensure high quality broadcasts of both TV and radio signals
Three (3) years renewable contract subject to good performance.
- Planning on deployment of staff, equipment and resources available in the units and sections
- Coordinating the implementation of all technical strategic work plans in the section
- Planning for installations of broadcast equipment and coordinating the implementation of the same within the section
- Determining training needs of the staff in the section
- Supervising and appraising the CTs in the section.
- Planning for contingencies to avert failure
- Coordinating the resolving of all discrepancies reported in the sections/ units.
- Providing technical support to Chief Technicians in the production sections
- Preparing and Submitting monthly, quarterly technical reports in the section
- Carrying out inspection and commissioning of technical installations
- Drawing and submitting technical specifications for equipment acquisition and installation
- Participating in tender evaluation process to give guidance on technical requirement on acquisition of technical facilities and equipment.
- Liaising with user departments to offer technical solutions as per the requirement of the user department.
- Coordinating the acquisition of equipment and other facilities for the technical units.
- Recommending equipment for disposal or replacement.
- Designing solutions for unique technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Telecommunication engineering
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Registration with any recognized relevant Professional Body is essential
- A high level of computer proficiency
- At least six (6) years of working experience in a broadcast environment with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- Should be conversant with regulations dealing with broadcast
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the following documents:-
- Certificate of good conduct
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information of three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 23rd November, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100