Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and engaging Manager, Institutional Relations (IR) Africa who will work with institutional donors (governments, foundations and corporations) to generate funding and support for programmes that advance Rainforest Alliance’s mission. The role will both be part of the Africa team and the global Institutional Relations team, and will report to the Director, Strategic Projects Africa, with matrix reporting to the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations.
The selected candidate will be responsible for writing and editing concept documents, proposals and reports, and contributing to the fundraising strategy for the organization’s work in Africa. They will do so working closely with Rainforest Alliance’s Institutional Relations colleagues across the globe, as well as Program staff – many of whom are field-based – to translate technical information and project ideas into strong and compelling written products to submit to donors. The focus of this position will be institutional donors, specifically foundations, bilateral and multilateral funders.
The Manager IR Africa will work closely with the Regional Leads on identifying regional fundraising priorities and advancing country donor engagement plans. Theincumbent will also play a role in proactively finding new funding sources and securing key donor meetings in focal countries, to cultivate and steward donor relationships and grow Rainforest Alliance’s standing amongst donors in the region.
- Proactively identify new funding resources consistent with the organization’s revenue goals for restricted funding and strategic priorities, in close collaboration with the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations;
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues globally to coordinate, write, adapt and edit high impact proposals and concept notes to institutional funders for field projects in Rainforest Alliance’s focal geographies in Africa;
- Manage selected proposal development processes, including development of workplans, budgets, and coordination and participation in technical design as needed;
- Serve as a key point of contact in Africa, liaising with the Institutional Relations team, and the Program staff in the region, on a day-to-day basis;
- Coordinate closely with Institutional Relations team, as well as program staff throughout African countries, to ensure effective alignment of fundraising strategies with country strategies and successful execution of donor cultivation strategies and engagement plans;
- Develop high-quality reports for selected institutional donors, ensuring consistency with donor requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with regional managers to identify private sector opportunities and follow through on the elaboration of proposals;
- Manage fundraising data for the Africa Program by ensuring it is up to date and accurate within database, and produce monthly reports;
- Serve as a point of contact between Rainforest Alliance and key institutional donors in Africa, representing the organization through in-person meetings, phone calls, and written communications to advance funding opportunities;
- Build awareness by representing Rainforest Alliance at relevant conferences and events; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from Business Administration, Social Study or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience (BSc) or minimum of five years (MSc) in institutional fundraising;
- Knowledge of natural resource management and/or agriculture commodity production or trade and/or development themes in the region is strongly preferred;
- Must have excellent English writing skills and be able to create content for different audiences. Fluency in French is preferred;
- Ability to create excellent written content for a variety different audiences;
- Experience working with budgets and financial reports;
- Ability to work regularly and collaboratively with colleagues who are based in different time zones;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and with colleagues in different time zones;
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, preferably within a global organization;
- Strong research and computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, project management systems);
- Experience with Salesforce or similar databases preferred; and
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 20% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: November 19, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya, Ghana, CDI or Cameroon will be considered.