Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Internal Audit division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Network and M-PESA Audits, the position holder will be responsible for leading, planning, executing and documenting audits and advisory assignments in the Network Domain in accordance with the internal audit plan. The scope of systems in the network domain shall include voice and data core network systems, radio access systems, Value-Added Services (VAS), Data Centers, transmission technologies, Fibre (FTTX) and enterprise connectivity solutions.
- Participation in the overall development and delivery of the audit plan
- Review of the key network elements from a technical standpoint to provide assurance on the adequacy of controls to mitigate and/or manage the technology risk to acceptable levels
- Assessment of network technologies deployed including configurations, capacity, quality of service, parameters & settings, access control, data protection standards, auditing techniques deployed etc.
- Providing independent assurance during system implementations / upgrade of systems in the network domain.
- Prepare deliverables/reports for senior management that include insights into thematic issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks within the network domain.
- Serve as an on-going subject matter expert in the area of controls and best practices in the network domain.
- Manage assignment level quality requirements in all audit work in conformance to Internal policies, standards (IPPF) and procedures for consistent quality audit results.
- Follow up audit recommendations and validate the implementation of the closure actions.
- Provide support to Risk Management processes to ensure that business key risks are adequately assessed, mitigated and the assurance map appropriately updated.
- Provide timely and relevant reports on audit outcomes to support management and the Board on risk assurance and mitigation decisions
- Keep abreast with the latest Network trends and provide input to mitigate emerging threat
- Upper second-class degree in telecommunications, Electrical and Electronics engineering, Computer Science, IT (or related technical / business field) from a recognized university.
- 5-7 years’ experience in auditing/assurance of network infrastructure and services or working in an IT or Technology department specifically dealing with advanced networks.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF)
- Experience with routers, switches, Firewalls, IP telecommunication equipment, technologies, processes and systems.
- Certification in networking or information security or IT audit such as CCNA/CISSP/OSCP/CISA would be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent reporting, communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Proven ability to self-start and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Experience in the use of data analysis tools
- The ability to work under pressure and be resilient and tenacious to get results
- Experience gained from working in an assurance role within a Telecommunications company will be an added advantage
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from university in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.