Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADVERTISEMENT: HOUSEHOLD ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING OFFICER
Under the general guidance and direction of the Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Advisor, the Household Economic Strengthening Officer will provide support to all livelihoods or household economic strengthening work at field level. S/he will be involved in the research and learning, monitoring and evaluation of the livelihoods aspects of the NAWIRI project. With the guidance of the HES Advisor, S/he will be involved in the coordination and networking with NAWIRI consortium partners led by Mercy Corps, County departments responsible for agriculture, livestock, nutrition, trade and other NGOs. S/he will support on all household economic strengthening elements of the project, providing capacity building for the county staff. S/he will promote best practice in the livelihoods programmes and contribute to the overall success of the NAWIRI programme. S/he will be involved in the implementation of livelihoods or household economic strengthening activities in Turkana and /Samburu County.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Work closely with the county government partners in implementation of the livelihoods component of NAWIRI programme.
- Liaise with other consortium implementing teams to ensure sequencing, layering and integration and implementation of various components of NAWIRI projects.
- Participate in the drawing of detailed implementation plans (DIP) and ensure daily/weekly/monthly planning for its implementation.
- Carry out regular monitoring visits, ensuring that project objectives are met as per agreed work plans.
- Participate in the development of reporting systems for data collection, follow-up, and feedback to relevant partners and other agencies.
- Support supply-chain staff in the coordination and quality control of livelihoods supplies.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation, inclusion and accountability in NAWIRI programme.
- Participate in monitoring and provide timely, relevant, accurate input on overall technical aspects of NAWIRI Livelihoods programme work in Samburu county.
- Liaise with the HES Advisor to ensure County government staff receive the necessary and appropriate technical support. In consultation with the HES Advisor agree on the range of advice, support, training and/or other assistance required by the other arms of NAWIRI to ensure sequencing, layering and integration as per the agreed model of poverty graduation component of NAWIRI programme.
- Provide inputs for generation of quality first draft reports to donors to ensure that technical debates are well articulated and reports are of acceptable quality before submission.
- With guidance from the HES Advisor, participate in the design and implementation of Livelihoods related research or assessments work such as HEA baseline assessments etc.
- Regularly review and monitor programmes for child safeguarding issues. Take corrective action in modifying programme activities and/or report incidents.
- Collect complaints and feedback during field activities and ensure that these are shared with MEAL officers for updating of the CFRM database.
- Participate actively in NAWIRI programme meetings, planning and review activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Samburu
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Social Sciences, Community Development or other discipline relevant to rural livelihoods.
- At least 3 years relevant project work experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Good technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, crop and livestock production as well as other cross cutting issues.
- Understanding and experience in implementing nutrition security, food security and livelihoods programmes.
- Good understanding of system approach to ending persistent acute malnutrition.
- Clear understanding of and proactive approach to nutrition resilience, hunger and food security issues in Kenya, particularly in the context of Samburu county.
- Understanding and experience in child rights programming.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of county staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- Experience with livelihoods programming in arid and semi-arid land (ASAL) settings preferred.
- Good communication, presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
- Demonstrates Save the Children’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, ambition, and creativity.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, both written and oral; Local language skills a major advantage.
- Qualified native candidates from Samburu county are encouraged to apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
How to apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Closing Date: 12 Nov 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.