Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Role title: Product Owner M-Pesa
Function: Wakanda (Ethiopia) Product Teams
Reports to: Principal Manager, Business Analysis
Company: Techsavanna company LTD, Nairobi
A key role within the M-Pesa Product Management team, owning the product backlog for one of the M- Pesa development squads working to a scaled agile framework (SAFe) model. Performing all aspects of the Product Owner role to deliver digital services for one of our key release trains (Digital, Credit, Business Payments) for service launch of M-Pesa into the Ethiopia market.
The role requires close liaison with the work-stream Product Manager to define features and associated user stories, and to prioritise the team backlog and activities in line with business objectives and value creation.
As a Product Owner your main responsibilities will include:
· Owns the team backlog – maintaining and prioritising in line with Product Management direction and earliest delivery of value to our customers
· Takes content authority for the team backlog,
ensures that quality of team’s documented user story and acceptance criteria follows agreed standards
· Represents the end user and works with SME’s to understand requirements, supporting the definition of features and co-creating user stories and other required artefacts
· Works closely with the Product Management team to ensure features are well documented, and that business priority is understood and aligned with team activities
· Actively participates in team and program ceremonies, backlog refinement sessions, iteration planning activities
· Leads the systems demo after each iteration
· Perform preparation activities for program increment planning, helps drive PI objectives at team level
· Provides continuous feedback on development, and provides story acceptance in accordance with agreed acceptance criteria and ‘definition of done’
· Understand the core technology platform capability and collaborate with developers in
the best way to meet product objectives, acts as the customer for developer questions
· Works with System Architect to prioritise enablers
As a Product Owner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Strong understanding of digital services, digital design practices, and mobile financial services
· Experience of software development lifecycle is essential, especially within agile methodologies (e.g Scrum, SAFe)
· Experienced in leading agile feature teams to deliver both new and continuous improvements to customers
· Experienced in the use of modelling tools (JIRA, Confluence).
· Strong process and analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
· Strong business and customer focus, and an appreciation of customer led design and user experience techniques
· Ability to work proactively within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product development process
· Able to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
· Able to understand and explain complex technical concepts to business stakeholders
· Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Experience working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
· Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.