Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Project Officer – Freshwater
Reports to: Mau Mara Loita (MML) sub-landscape coordinator –dotted line to Freshwater Thematic Lead
Supervises: Project Assistants
Job Grade: TBA
To implement freshwater projects in the Mau Mara Loita sub Landscape (MML) and support the broader SOKNOT in line with WWF Kenya strategic plan (2020-2030) key result areas. The project officer will report to MML sub-landscape coordinator and work closely with and be guided by the Freshwater thematic lead/KRL Manager and other technical freshwater officers.
The officer will be responsible for the delivery of freshwater and related projects including forest (headwaters) activities in the sub landscape and provide support to the broader SOKNOT landscape water resources management related activities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implements MML freshwater and related projects including forest (headwaters) activities in the sub landscape in line with projects work plans;
- Support SOKNOT Landscape Freshwater project activities under the guidance of the landscape manager and in consultation with the national freshwater thematic lead.
- Prepares and presents technical and monitoring reports on the progress of implementation of MML freshwater and forest programme project activities.
- Support resource mobilisation and the development of new freshwater projects and ensuring cross thematic integration in line with WWF Kenya conservation strategy and programmes
- Provides technical support to project assistants and work closely with other project officers in project planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Work closely with communities (WRUAs and CFAs) and other key stakeholders to develop actions that will ensure participatory and sustainable management of water resources within the programme area;
- Document and disseminate communication materials highlighting progress of the freshwater focused projects to promote cross projects linkages and synergy in order to secure water resources in the Mara Basin;
- Participates in knowledge management through conservation research, publication and dissemination of scientific research including representing WWF Kenya in national, regional and international conservation platforms;
- Participates in the domestication of relevant national and regional policy instruments at local level in the Mara Basin;
- In consultations with Freshwater Thematic lead, facilitates cross-border initiatives where relevant.
- Ensures prudent management and safety of conservation assets and resources in their custody;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Hydrology, environmental management or related field with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position. A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Technical proficiency in conservation and integrated water resources management.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in water, climate, forests ecology, agriculture;
- Strong communication skills (written/oral), good team leader/player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong experience and skills on project monitoring and evaluation;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of local languages and cultures are added advantages;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
Management and Coordination: Working closely with and be supported by the Freshwater thematic lead; Collaborating with other relevant freshwater initiatives/projects and landscapes, especially Kenya Rift Lakes Region.
Internal: Interacts with the Head of Conservation programmes, Programme Managers, Thematic Leads, Coordinators and all WWF Kenya staff.
External: Interacts with WWF Network, Government Ministries and department, Civil Society Organizations, Service Providers, Regulatory Bodies and Other Conservation Agencies.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF- Kenya: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 22nd November 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
- Work permit restrictions may apply.
- Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- WWF Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.