Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides Nursery to Senior Secondary Education in both the National and International curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi, Senior School is an IB World School that offers holistic education for students in Grades 6-12, combining academic rigor within the broad and challenging curriculum with a wide range of co-curricular activities. The School offers the IB Middle Years Programme in Grades 6-10, and the IB Diploma Programme in Grades 11 and 12. More information about the IBMYP and the IBDP can be found at https://www.ibo.org/.
The Deputy Head Teacher (Middle School) will report to the Senior School Head Teacher and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, department heads, and other staff in ensuring that the highest standards of teaching and learning are practiced throughout the school, with a key focus on the Middle Years Programme (IBMYP, Grades 6 to 8), and in line with the school’s strategic plan.
S/he takes on a suitable teaching allocation, has a profound understanding of the needs of students in the relevant age group and the IB Middle Years Programme, ensures the provision of adequate pastoral support for students and is a collaborative, passionate, globally-minded individual with excellent organizational and time-management skills. S/he is able to set and fulfill the highest standards and expectations, is self-motivated, and enthusiastic about the development of students in Grades 6 to 8. S/he possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a sincere commitment to contribute to the work of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Supports the Head of Senior School and provides effective leadership in the development and successful implementation structures and processes that support IBMYP students, especially in grades 6 to 8
- Contributes to the production of a timetable that meets the learning needs of students and the requirements of the MYP
- Ensures adequate pastoral support for students in grades 6 to 8
- Role-models best practices in teaching and learning
- Monitors assessment, reporting and data management
- Contributes to staff performance management, School Policy development and implementation, ongoing professional development and staff recruitment
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed.)
- 5 years of IB Middle Years’ Programme and/or IB Diploma outstanding teaching experience as well as previous Middle Years’ Programme and/or IB Diploma leadership experience in an IB World School
- Teachers Service Commission Certification