Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides Nursery to Senior Secondary Education in both the National and International curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi, Senior School is an IB World School that offers holistic education for students in Grades 6-12, combining academic rigor within the broad and challenging curriculum with a wide range of co-curricular activities. The School offers the IB Middle Years Programme in Grades 6-10, and the IB Diploma Programme in Grades 11 and 12. More information about the IBMYP and the IBDP can be found at https://www.ibo.org/.
The Academy welcomes applications from enthusiastic and professional educators who are dedicated to student-centered and inquiry-based teaching and learning for the following positions:
- Teachers of English Language and Literature
- Teachers of Spanish or French or Kiswahili
- Teachers of Humanities (Economics, History, Geography, Psychology)
- Teachers of Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Teachers of Maths
- Teachers of Arts (Film, Visual Arts, Music, Drama)
- Teachers of Design or ICT
The teachers will report to their respective Heads of Department and work closely with their colleagues to deliver high quality and inspiring lessons that enable all students to reach their individual potential.
- Collaboratively plan units of study designed for maximizing learning for all students
- Deliver effective, differentiated and inquiry-based lessons in a friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Create a safe and conducive environment in which the students can learn and thrive
- Use varied, adequate assessments, including formative and summative assessment in line with the IBO requirements
- Engage parents regularly and effectively in the education of their children
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the relevant subject and modern pedagogy
- Accurately evaluate and comment on both the ability and developmental potential of each student
- Effectively communicate with students, colleagues and parents, including through email and the school information system
- Demonstrate an experience of high professional values and practices
- Show profound commitment to ongoing professional growth and to taking on responsibility for fulfilling the vision and philosophy of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed.) in the respective fields
- Teaching experience, especially in the IB programmes or other International curricula
- TSC Certification