Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY PhD HOLDERS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
The Amref International University is seeking to recruit for the position of Lecturer – Department of community Health to support academic growth of the department through quality teaching, supervision and administrative support to the department.
Re-advertisement those who had previously applied need not apply
Amref International University’s focus is on training, research and extension in health sciences with emphasis on promotive, preventive, rehabilitative and palliative health. It’s commitment to progressively develop innovative programmes catering to the present as well as future Africa and global health needs.
The University offers postgraduate, undergraduate, higher diploma, diploma·, certificate programmes as well as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses that prepare human resource for health to serve throughout the health system. AMIU seeks to train transformation leaders who will Inspire Lasting Change.
Main purpose of the job
To support academic growth of the department through quality teaching, supervision and administrative support to the department
SPECIFIC ROLES AND ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advance AMIU and department vision and mission
- Participating in department meetings and school meetings
- Build and maintain strategic partnership
- Programme Development and Management
- Development and review of various curricula to grow the department
- Administer the department academic programmes
- Quality assurance in academic programmes implementation
- overseeing student academic achievement
- Uphold standard of professional integrity and ethics
- Teaching academic programmes
- Resource Mobilization and Management
- Overseeing student enrolment
- Focus department resource requirements
- Research and Publications
- Supervise student research to completion
- Publish in peer review journals
- Disseminate research in conferences and other relevant forums
- Respond to research funding projects
- Maintaining department facilities and equipment
- Participating in outreach activities
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
i. Must have earned PhD in Public/ Community Health, Environmental Health, public health
nutrition or related area
ii. At least 5 years’ experience in teaching in a university
iii. Research experience with publications in peer journals
iv. Knowledge and skills of eLearning methodologies
How to apply
Please visit our Careers Page https://amref.ac.ke/careers/ to view the full job description. Your email application should be sent to email@example.com and have “Lecturer – Department of community Health” in the subject line. Only attach a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.
Deadline for submission: 18th November 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref International University does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of
the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref International University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people
and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Amref International University is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.