Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To support the research directorate by coordinating research activities in the University while working directly with the director of research.
Responsibilities and Activities
Specifically, the research officer will provide secretariat and technical support as well as coordination of the research activities to ensure that directorate is responsive to the research requirements of the University.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Amref health Africa in scouting and for research calls
- Coordinate the writing of research proposal in collaboration with faculty
- Develop and maintain a research database
- Support the process of grant writing within the University
- Maintain accurate files and records, both computerised and manual for the directorate
- Coordinate training for capacity building activities in the directorate
- Draft research surveys, questionnaires, research manuscripts and presentations
- In collaboration with graduate school, support graduate student capacity building
- Support documentation and submission of proposal/grants
- Coordinate the implementation of field research activities
- Develop budget for research activities
- Undertake any other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the director
Candidates with the following educational qualifications from recognized universities are eligible to apply for the Research Officer position.
- Master degree in public health with a bias to biostatistics, or epidemiology, statistics
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, biostatistics/statistics, public health, mathematics,
statistics or equivalent
- Experience in research work or research from a similar organisation
3 years working in a busy research setting
- Excellent communication skills, including written and presentation skills in English and
- Proficiency in data analysis using at least two of these software’s; SPSS, R, Stata and EPI Info and including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel) skills.
- Budgeting skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure and work in a multi-cultural team
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Team work skills
· Communication skills
· Excellent communications skills
· Analytical skills
· Training administration skills
How to apply
Please visit our Careers Page https://amref.ac.ke/careers/ to view the full job description. Your email application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and have “Research Officer – RICE” in the subject line. Only attach a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.
Deadline for submission: 18th November 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref International University does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref International University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Amref International University is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.