Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Call Center Interpreter
Reports To: Call Center Specialist
Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Refugee Communication
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: 5 (N), Associate Specialist
FLSA & Union Status: Non-exempt and Non-Bargaining
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for providing interpretation services at the RSC Africa Call Center, and translating written materials into the key languages of our refugee populations.
- Written and verbal knowledge of at least one of the following main RSC Africa processing languages required. (Somali, Congolese Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, Kinyabwisha, Dinka, Massalit, Kinyamulenge, Kibembe, Tigrinya).
- 1.5 years’ experience as an Interpreter preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and real time interpretation.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with use of office equipment.
- Outstanding listening, retention and note-taking skills.
- Proficient enunciation and pronunciation skills, and pleasant, professional voice.
- Proficient understanding of cultural sensitivity, and ability to collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Valid certificate of accredited interpreting training, or training in interpretation services preferred.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a multi–cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub–Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Employee may be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of funds when necessary to carry–out program needs.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non–ventilated spaces.
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID–19 pandemic
- This position is contingent upon approval of funding