Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Senior Processing Coordinator
Reports To: RSC Africa Deputy Director
Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: 10(N), Level 3 Manager
FLSA & Union Status: Exempt, Non-Bargaining
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for overseeing the non-field based United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) processing activities for RSC Africa. This includes coordinating workflow within Case Processing, Protection and Refugee Communications departments and collaborating with other program departments. This position ensures that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed. The position is a member of the RSC Africa Leadership Team and Senior Programs Team
- 10 years’ work experience is required.
- 5 years of direct supervisory experience with responsibility for hiring, evaluating performance, administering corrective action and directing day to day work is required.
- Demonstrated management experience with a refugee serving/processing agency(s) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the US Refugee Admissions Program and START database.
- Detailed knowledge of processing SOPs and the role of START in case processing.
- Advanced computer knowledge, specifically with MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Excel and other statistical analysis programs.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent report-generation skills with the ability to understand, process and document information for a variety of audiences.
- Strong supervisory skills and understanding of performance management systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a multi–cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or ten years work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub–Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Employee may be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of funds when necessary to carry–out program needs.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non–ventilated spaces.
- The US Embassy rates Kenya as both HIGH in crime and HIGH in terrorism. Incumbents should fully understand the insecurities present within Kenya and the region.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire.
- Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID–19 pandemic