Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: LEGAL & PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAMME
LOCATION: Dadaab Office
Post holder reports to: Programme Manager – Dadaab sub-office
Staff reporting to this post: Program Interns
RCK VISION: An environment where forced migrants and host communities access rights, justice, protection and durable solutions.
RCK MISSION: To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
JOB PURPOSE: To coordinate all psychosocial community services in accordance with the policies, procedures and protocols established by national standards of practice and licensing and certificate and other regulatory agencies requirements.
- Provide counseling services and other short term therapeutic services to refugees, other forced migrants and host community in individual and group settings.
- Assist in the development of training materials and facilitate internal and external capacity building activities on a variety of topics.
- In conjunction with the other counselors, coordinate the assessment, planning and implementing of psychosocial programs.
- Conduct surveys and studies relating to psychosocial status and patterns of population groups as directed.
- Prepare monthly reports and donor related reports within schedule.
- Support the development of proposals for fundraising for program work.
- Coordinate services to beneficiaries with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services.
- Conduct home visits to assess individual psychosocial needs.
- Provide support to social workers in the tracking of cases and maintaining records and database of clients.
- Assist in the day to day office administrative duties.
- Ensure professionalism in services delivery and ethics while performing other duties as required.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. Diploma in counselling studies from a recognized university or Diploma in Social work and Community Development (KNEC).
2. Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology is an added advantage.
3. Must a registered member of Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association (KCPA).
4. Two years’ experience with NGO or related environment is an added advantage.
5. Strong analytical and report writing skills
6. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
7. Good team player with excellent multi-cultural interpersonal skills able to exercise diplomacy, flexibility and assertiveness.
8. Technology Awareness. Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software
applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources etc
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Job is complex, sensitive and stressful. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel. Work may require frequent weekend and evening work as well as high degree of autonomy
- Professionalism: In-depth theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in relevant fields of counseling, Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills. Discretion and sound judgment in applying legal expertise to sensitive, complex legal issues.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
- Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
- Managing Performance: Ability to supervise, coach, mentor and develop junior staff as required.
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected
salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts, to be received by
5.00pm, Friday 19th November 2021.
Send your application to:
The Recruitment Committee,
Subject Line: “Application for PsychosocialCounsellor (Dadaab)”
Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer.