Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Established in 1988, African Economic Research Consortium is a premier capacity building institution in the advancement of research and training to inform economic policies in sub-Saharan Africa. AERC’s mission rests on two premises: first, that development is more likely to occur where there is sustained sound management of the economy; second, that such management is more likely to happen where there is an active, well-informed cohort of locally based professional economists to conduct policy-relevant research.
AERC builds that cohort through a programme that has three primary components: research, training, and policy outreach. The organization integrates high quality economic policy research, postgraduate training, and policy outreach within a vast network of researchers, universities, and policy makers across Africa and beyond. We are seeking to fill the position of a Communication/ Publications Assistant, to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The position will report to the Manager, Publications and Outreach.
Overall Job Purpose
The position assists the Communications Division in presenting AERC’s work to the wider public through dissemination of AERC products, processing of publications, organizing workshops and providing administrative support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing content across owned and earned social channels, this includes blog posts, tweets, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram, status updates, photos, and videos as well as build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online to support organizational goals.
- Assist with managing content creation for ongoing social media communications and optimize content plans to grow engaged social communities.
- Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Monitor and engage in organization-related online conversations and respond to social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Work closely with programmatic and event staff to create integrated campaigns and conduct strategic social media outreach.
- Using Google Analytics, insights, and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Assist with pitching stories to the media; field media calls and monitor press and social coverage.
- Assist with writing blog posts, articles, press releases, media alerts, communications materials, and other digital material and determine relevant online and social channels for optimal engagement.
- Assist in preparing, coordinating, and distributing targeted dissemination packages for AERC meetings and workshops.
- Handle all logistics for meetings and workshops organized by the Division.
- Maintain databases as needed for communication including all contacts within the AERC network.
- Assist in the consolidation of supporting documents for payment preparation.
- Handle efficiently and effectively routine correspondence, filing and records maintenance for the division.
- Ensure that general office supplies and stationery are made available as required.
- Assist in keeping track of the publication production schedules and pipelines.
- Assist in processing of publications (editing, proofreading & typesetting).
- Assist in following up with reviewers, authors, printers, and publishers as may be necessary to facilitate efficient operation of the publication processes.
- Support in the editorial process for all AERC publications.
- Assist in the production of AERC Promotional materials (Annual Report, Newsletters, Brochure, and Posters etc.).
- Provide support in the coordination of communications activities with service providers, AERC departments and the executive office, network members and other AERC stakeholders.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by your immediate supervisor
- Support in the administration tasks relating to the AERC Alumni.
- Collate the registrations of new members in preparation for vetting.
- Respond to questions by registered and potential members on issues regarding the registration process.
- Posting information on the alumni website.
- Assisting in searching for additional information in the vetting process of the registered members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in communications and outreach activities in the private, public or INGO sector.
- Thorough knowledge of desktop publishing.
- Working knowledge of the publications process.
- Well organized and able to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure and a good team player.
AERC offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Interested applicants are invited to visit AERC’s website at www.aercafrica.org for more information. All applications should be sent to email@example.com by Friday 26th November 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Due to the expected volume of applications, AERC will only enter further correspondence with short-listed candidates.