Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
St Andrew’s, Turi is seeking to appoint a Procurement Manager responsible for the School’s Procurement & Supply Chain needs.
About the School
St Andrew’s School, Turi is an international school in Kenya and has an outstanding reputation throughout Africa. Founded as a Preparatory School for the children of expatriates in 1931, it has grown to comprise both Preparatory and Senior Schools and to welcome children of over 25 nationalities, the majority of whom are now African.
About the Role
Reporting to the Finance & Strategy Director, this position is responsible to ensure the school’s supplies are procured in a cost effective & timely manner.
The Procurement Manager’s KPIs include:
- Procurement planning (annual) – a term in advance
- Vendor pre-qualification (annual) – a term in advance
- Succession planning & review (annual)
- Absence/leave planning (annual)
- Per annual procurement plan
- Max 1 month for Ad hoc requests
Cost management- annual (YoY) cost savings (benchmark to be provided)
Surveys (termly): assure effective quality & Lead-time expectations management
Team health (termly)
- Strategic planning & effectiveness
- Individual & team wellness planning & review
Systems: Embedding & evolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
- A member of Supply Chain Association
- Masters in Business Management or equivalent
- A demonstrable understanding of the principles of supply chain/procurement best practices
- IT systems proficient
- 5-7 years experience as a people manager in supply chain or procurement
- A track record of success in meeting supply chain/procurement KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team
Skills and Attributes
- Proactive, sound judgement combined with the highest standards of personal integrity, energy, stamina, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work dynamically and flexibly as part of a leadership team, to show initiative and imagination and the ability to inspire others
- The presence, intellect, tact and credibility to represent the School at all levels and to a variety of audiences, both internal and external.
- Vision, creative flair and commercial acumen combined with the ability to operate at a strategic level
- Client focused and target driven
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality
- The ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload, to meet deadlines, and to work calmly under pressure
- Highly literate and numerate, excellent in the use of IT and in the development of operational systems
- High work standards evidenced by a consistency thorough detailed and organised approach
There is a generous overall remuneration package that includes:-
- Medical care: all members of staff and families are covered under a comprehensive insurance scheme.
- Pension: The School operates a defined contribution pension scheme in which the employer and employee each contribute 6% of monthly salary. For employees immigrating from Kenya at the end of their contract, the full value of the contributions, plus accumulated interest, can be withdrawn from the scheme.
- Meals: These are provided during term time as a taxable benefit.
- Facilities: extensive sports facilities are open to use by staff and their families
- Housing: onsite housing not provided. Staff expected to live within Nakuru county
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. Kindly attach a Completed Application Form a covering letter and a CV. The deadline for applying for the position is 30th November, 2021.