Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative, and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
KCCB through its project Missio Invest seeks to recruit an impact investment professional with experience in financial analysis to serve as an Investment Analyst.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, but will include collaboration with Missio Invest’s Europe, US, and Africa-based teams. Missio Invest provides patient capital loans, business advisory and technical assistance to Catholic Church-owned and affiliated agribusinesses, financial institutions, and health and education SMEs in Africa expanding their capacity to create long-term socio-economic and environmental impact.
The ideal professional will have excellent technical skills (i.e., Microsoft Excel), organizational skills, and attention to detail, and will also be familiar with working in a multi-office team setting.
Investment Analyst – Mission Invest
The Investment Analyst’s primary function is to support Missio Invest’s Country Investment Managers in analyzing historical and projected financials for investment candidates, as well as organizing and analyzing financial reporting of loan recipients.
Key responsibilities and required skills:
(1) Financial and Investment Analysis of Loan Candidates:
- Analyze loan candidates’ historical financial reports, identify errors and inconsistencies, and raise questions for the team to pose to the loan candidates’ management teams
- Create financial projection models for loan candidates, incorporating:
- Historical financials
- Loan candidates’ business plans
- Benchmarking against other similar businesses within and outside the Missio Invest portfolio
- Advisory from the Missio Invest team and its consultants
- Assist Country Investment Managers in preparing Project Assessment Documents, which are presented to the Investment Committee for loan approval
(2) Organization, Analysis, and Support for Loan Recipient Financial Reporting
- Assist Country Investment Managers in organizing and assessing loan recipients’ monthly financial reports for completeness and accuracy
- Provide financial reporting guidance and support to loan recipients who struggle with financial record keeping and reporting
- Work closely with Missio Invest’s US team to compile aggregated portfolio performance reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Reports to include financial performance, key ratios and credit stats, and recommendations for management.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working in an investment and/or financial analysis role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Experience working in Kenya, preferably for investors or financial institutions
- Experience creating three-statement financial projection models
- Excellent technical skills, including a high degree of proficiency in MicroSoft Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Written and oral proficiency in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in accounting and financial analysis for small businesses and credit evaluation methodologies is a plus
- Experience in or exposure to impact investing is a plus
- Commitment to the core mission and values of Missio Invest
Reporting: The Investment Analyst reports to the Vice President, Lending, with matrixed reporting to Missio Invest’s Country Investment Managers in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Nigeria, Ghana and Ethiopia.
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before Monday 22nd November 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted