Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Director Water Infrastructure Development.
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 05’ (P)
ONE (1) POST
Terms of Service: Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and coordinating preparations and implementation of the County Major Water systems
- Organizing and coordinating development of concept notes and project proposals
- Implementation, project monitoring and Evaluation of water works, developing and implementing policies and guidelines to ensure proper water management and use
- Coordinate feasibility studies, surveys, planning and design of dams, water pipelines extensions and major rehabilitations/upgrading
- Supervision of water works to ensure quality according to designs and specifications and adherence to set deadlines
- Preparation of timely tender specifications
- Participate in tender evaluation for water development works
- Establish and maintain linkage mechanisms with other water stakeholders
- Participate in preparation and supervision of the implementation of department’s Annual work plans
- Mapping of County’s water resources
- Reporting progress to the Assistant Director water
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering
- Have management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Have typical personal attributes that would be regularly applied to the job: Management skills, Communication Skills, Interpersonal skills, Organizational skills, Negotiation skills, Ability to build and lead a cohesive team, Problem solving skills and Computer skills
- Must have served in comparable position in the public/private sector for at least 3 years.
- Demonstrate high level of technical understanding of water infrastructure
- Have practical knowledge on survey using GPS, Theodolite, Total station/ or Real Time Kinematic
- Have proficiency in Computer Aided Designs
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize field assignment
- Be a member of Institute of Engineers of Kenya
- Have registered with Engineers Board of Kenya
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before THURSDAY, 25TH NOVEMBER, 2021;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.