Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 07’ (K) ONE (1) POST
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
- Check text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies
- Arrange page layouts of photos, articles, and advertisements
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability
Education, Training, & Certification
- College degree: While a degree with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications.
- Related experience: Experience with other types of media, such as television, newspapers, or digital media.
- Certifications: Previous copy-editing experience, relevant studies and a copy-editing certification.
Skills & Competencies
- Creativity:Suitable candidate must be curious, creative, and knowledgeable about a broad variety of topics.
- Good judgment:For non-fiction pieces, copy editors must determine whether enough evidence exists to report on a story, and have a strong grasp of the ethics of certain stories.
- Detail-orientation:A main task of the job is to make written work error-free, and to ensure that it matches the publication’s required style.
- Interpersonal skills:Good communication and interpersonal skills help editors communicate with tact and encouragement to writers.
- Writing skills:Suitable candidate must be able to write clearly and with good logic, and ensure that content has correct punctuation, grammar, and syntax.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before THURSDAY, 25TH NOVEMBER, 2021;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.