Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Secretary, Human Resource and Planning.
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 04’ (Q)
ONE (1) POST (COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deputize the Board Secretary to:
- Organize and coordinate Board meetings;
- Circulate preliminary notices and agenda for Board meetings in consultation with Board Chairperson and Secretary;
- Ensure Board files are compiled and dispatched to members before meetings are held;
- Maintain and distribute accurate minutes of the Board meetings to the members;
- Ensure that resolutions and action points from Board meetings are circulated to affected County ministries or individuals within the stipulated time frame;
- Record proceedings of Board retreats and other external meetings;
- Make regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on the execution of the Board functions.
- Circulate preliminary notices for meetings of committees of the Board, in consultation with respective Committee Chairpersons;
- Ensure Board committee files are compiled and dispatched to members before meetings are held;
- Prepare and distribute accurate minutes of the committee meetings to members; and
- Ensure actions points from Board committee meetings are circulated to the relevant County Ministries or individuals and responses received for tabling to the full Board.
- Facilitate the recruitment process in Kitui County and preparing guiding notes to the selection Board;
- Supervise, plan, assign, monitor and appraise the work of secretariat staff;
- Processing promotions and acting appointment of County Public Officers;
- Preparing briefs on disciplinary cases received in the County and tabling them before the Board for decision making;
- Preparing briefs on appeals and applications for review to be considered by the Board;
- Assist the Board in enhancing its corporate governance policy and ensuring compliance throughout the County:
- Maintain custody and control of the Board’s statutory books, various registers/records and the Board seal;
- Reviews and updates the Board’s website and manuals as necessary;
- Custodian of the Board confidential information accessed as part of job performance;
- Handling correspondence to and from Board;
- Ensuring conformity and compliance of HR policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations and Articles 10 and 232 on values and principles of public service;
- Handling Board transport and logistical matters; and
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a certified public secretary of good professional standing;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning/ Business Administration, Education, Sociology, Law, Political Science/ Government, Anthropology or any other relevant Social Science from a recognized institution;
- Working experience of not less than ten (10) years, five (5) of which must have been at a senior management level;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before THURSDAY, 25TH NOVEMBER, 2021;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.