Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEMBER OF MUNICIPAL BOARD
- BOARD MEMBER – KITUI MUNICIPAL BOARD THREE (3) POSTS
- BOARD MEMBER – MWINGI MUNICIPAL BOARD (3) POSTS
Terms of service: Contract
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Hold at least a diploma from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Has a distinguished career in a medium level management position in either the private or public sector;
- Holds at least five (5) years post qualification professional experience;
- Satisfies the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution;
- Is ordinarily resident or has a permanent dwelling in the municipality; and
- Carries on business in the municipality or has lived in the municipality for at least five (5) years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the affairs of the municipality;
- Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes, and may set targets for delivery of services;
- Formulate and implement an integrated development plan;
- Control land use, land sub-division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose, including industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centres, residential areas, recreational areas, parks, entertainment, passenger transport, agriculture, and freight and transit stations within the framework of the spatial and master plans for the municipality as may be delegated by the county government;
- As may be delegated by the county government, promote and undertake infrastructural development and services within the municipality;
- Develop and manage schemes, including site development in collaboration with the relevant national and county agencies;
- Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and provide public access thereto upon payment of a nominal fee to be determined by the board;
- Administer and regulate its internal affairs;
- Implement applicable national and county legislation;
- Enter into such contracts, partnerships or joint ventures as it may consider necessary for the discharge of its functions under this Act or other written law;
- Monitor and, where appropriate, regulate city and municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the board of the municipality;
- Prepare and submit its annual budget estimates to the relevant County Treasury for consideration and submission to the County Assembly for approval as part of the annual County Appropriation Bill;
- As may be delegated by the county government, collect rates, taxes levies, duties, fees and surcharges on fees;
- Settle and implement tariff, rates and tax and debt collection policies as delegated by the county government; monitor the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies, programmes or plans;
- Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems;
- Promote a safe and healthy environment;
- Facilitate and regulate public transport; and
- Perform such other functions as may be delegated to it by the county government or as may be provided for by any written law.
The Members of the Municipality Board will serve for a term of five (5) years, on a part time basis. Their allowances and benefits shall be as guided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before THURSDAY, 25TH NOVEMBER, 2021;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.