Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Member Of Sub County Alcoholic Drinks Control Committee
The posts for the position will be as follows;
- Mwingi North Sub County four (4) posts
- Mwingi Central Sub County four (4) posts
- Mwingi West Sub County four (4) posts
- Kitui Central Sub County four (4) posts
- Kitui Rural Sub County four (4) posts
- Kitui East Sub County four (4) posts
- Kitui South Sub County four (4) posts
- Kitui West Sub County four (4) posts
Terms of Service: Contract
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a resident of Sub County in which they wish to be considered;
- Be above 18 years and holder of national identity card;
- Completed secondary school education and with ability to communicate in the English language; and
- Have a good record in community leadership resource management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Approving application and issuing licenses in accordance with the Act;
- Ensuring that there is effective public participation in accordance with framework for citizen Participation;
- Collaborating with public officers appointed under the County Government Act and officers coordinating related national government functions;
- Collaborating with similar committees in other Counties for effective implementation of the Act;
- Make inspection or other visits to premises at such times as it may deem appropriate; and
- Performing such other function as maybe assigned by County Executive Committee Member.
Eligibility to Committee Membership
No person shall be eligible to be appointed as a member of the Sub County Alcoholic Drinks Control Committee under the Kitui County Alcoholic Drinks Control Act, 2014 if such a person is;
- A holder of any license for the sale, manufacture or distillation of an alcoholic drink;
- Has a pecuniary interest in a partnership, company or society which is a licensee;
- A paid officer or paid agent of a partnership, company or society interested in the sale or in the prevention of the sale, of alcoholic drink;
- A person employed directly or indirectly as an agent for the purpose of making application for a license for any other person or any partner of a person so employed as an agent;
- An agent or manager of or a partner in any trade or calling carried on upon premises licenses or in respect to which a license has been applied for or the owner, lessor or mortgagee of those premises; and
- A person who has been convicted of an offense under this Act or a felony.
The Members of the Sub County Alcoholic Drinks Control Committee will serve for a term of two (2) years, renewable for a further one (1) term. Their allowances and benefits shall be as determined and reviewed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya.
How to apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before THURSDAY, 25TH NOVEMBER, 2021;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.