Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
SRI Executive has been exclusively entrusted by our client, Africa Public Health Foundation (APHF) to support the executive search for an exceptional leader for the position of Resource Mobilisation Lead.
About the Africa Public Health Foundation
The Africa Public Health Foundation was established in September 2019 to forge partnerships and mobilise resources for the Africa CDC, to support critical public health activities across the continent. The Foundation will advance public-private cooperation to strengthen health systems, develop the healthcare workforce, support innovations for public health, and advocate for robust policies, regulations, and partnerships for resource mobilisation. The Foundation’s mission and vision are aligned to that of the Africa CDC to support member states to build their capacity to better detect and respond to disease outbreaks and emergencies. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become even more urgent for the Foundation to build a sustainable, scalable organisation to increase the public health impact on the continent in the coming years.
The Foundation has a vibrant governing Council comprising of seasoned professionals. The Council’s mandate is to provide strategic direction and oversight on all activities as ambassadors of APHF to critical stakeholders and custodians of APHF’s assets. You can find further details on their website https://aphf.africa/.
Resource Mobilisation Lead Role Profile
The Resource Mobilisation Lead will lead the overall coordination, planning, development, and management of fundraising initiatives to mobilise resources. The Resource Mobilisation Lead will also work towards identifying prospects for donor programs, collaborating with staff to track the progress of fundraising activities, conducting prospect research, and supporting grant proposal writing.
The Resource Mobilisation Lead will assist the Director, External Relations and CEO with ongoing engagement of funders and diversify the Foundation’s network of stakeholder by supporting external communication plans. The ideal candidate is passionate about building a great organisation and comfortable with a fluid role in a dynamic environment. Initially, the Resource Mobilisation Lead will report to the CEO until the Director, External Relations comes onboard.
As a new organisation, staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define their experiences and those of their colleagues in the years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are valued and will be essential to the Foundation’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advice, and mentoring, staff are supported to learn by positioning them as core members of program teams to drive public health impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Resource Mobilisation Lead will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead prospect research on donors
- Write briefing notes and other materials to support the CEO/External Relations Director, and others to lead on donor relationships effectively
- Coordinate and engage with program teams to develop grant proposals and reports
- Oversee donors’ stewardship activities that go above and beyond contractual reporting obligations
- Manage the Foundation’s donor database, including gift processing and progress reporting
- Strengthen relationship with Africa CDC partners to effectively coordinate resource mobilisation efforts
- Support network building through a program of events and communication activities that can engage and inspire existing and potential supporters
- Work with the Communication Lead to develop compelling narratives on the success stories of the Foundation for external use
- Scan and monitor donor activity on the continent and engage with peer organisations to identify meaningful opportunities for the Foundation
- Any other tasks as directed by the CEO/External Relations Director
Qualifications and Experience
Essential qualifications and experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Minimum five years’ experience in the management of sales or fundraising in complex institutions
- Experience in successfully managing a pipeline of funding opportunities from prospect research to grant agreement, either in the private or not-for-profit sectors
- Strong sense of ethics in fundraising and handling complex gifts
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience of working with senior officials in public and/or private sector
- Excellent written and personal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues in a straightforward and non-technical manner
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, and working with flexibility in a collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/manage junior team members
- Demonstrated fluency in English speaking and writing skills, proficiency in other AU official languages is a plus
- Experience in resource mobilisation and partnership development for public health initiatives
- Experience developing and supporting multi-stakeholder platforms for collaboration, including supporting events and high-level meetings
- Experience of working in different national and regional contexts in Africa
This is a mid-level management role reporting to the External Relations Director.
This position is remote working on a time zone compatible with working hours in Africa (GMT to GMT +3). There is the possibility of relocation to the country where APHF operations will be permanently based, depending on circumstances.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please follow the “Apply” button below and complete the Application Form on or before 17 December 2021. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV.
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence. If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at APHF-RML@sri-executive.com
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by APHF to undertake this assignment.