Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We deliver high quality solutions to our customers and we are leaders in the logistics industry. Join us and become a part of our great team.
Responsible for creating favorable condition for the provision of services by all handling units in a fashion that is customer oriented, in line with standards, market oriented and economically driven.
- Plan and supervise all work assigned units activities to ensure a cohesive operational unit, provide leadership and appropriately manage personal development plans for operations staff in liaison with Human resource department and ensure effective internal communication within the operations team and other departments.
- Develop, circulate and ensure implementation of standard operating procedures, monitor and ensure that exports are handled and prepared according to the set standards, handle operational matters related to movement of exports and transit shipments, ensure strict adherence to exports regulatory requirements and compliance and ensure exports documents are completed and forwarded with consignments on the respective flights.
- Ensure the daily operations reports are compiled and sent out to the Management staff, develop and foster good relations with customers, authorities and the aviation industry in general and advise the National Airfreight Operations manager on areas that require improvement for effective delivery of services.
- Handle staff discipline matters in liaison with Human Resource department, monitor and ensure that safety standards are observed and maintained in all operation units.
- Labour and staffing: Lead, motivate and develop existing team of staff, maintain discipline and high staff moral to achieve targets, thus proper handling of produce/flowers and aircraft departures with minimal delays, and ensure that aircraft pallets are loaded, built and weighed in accordance with aircraft safety standards.
- Management of the night staff at night while ensuring safety in KN1 and KN2 premises, proper use of the equipment in the facility, and ensuring controls and proper documentation on all activities are maintained.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of employee, install performance and teamwork, contain and or reduce cost within the department.
- Oversee that all cargo for export has been screened and in compliance with airline safety standards. Coordinate cargo consolidation and pallet build-up inside the cold room ensuring it’s in accordance with airline safety standards and perform other duties as assigned within the scope and responsibility required of the job.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Degree/Diploma in logistics/Airfreight or forwarding applications.
- 5 years’ experience in the Logistics Industry in airfreight procedures & forwarding applications & Airside safety.
- Good knowledge of Airfreight /Logistics Industry.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) will be an added advantage.
- Good leadership, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Organizational skills and good problem solving ability with sharp numerical skills.
- Good English and local language skills and able to communicate effectively.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of policies and regulations governing the freight industry
With over 74000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.