Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pwani University is a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research. The University invites applications from suitable, qualified candidates to fill the position of Farm Manager Grade 11
DIVISION: ADMINISTRATION FINANCE AND PLANNING
FARM MANAGER GRADE 11 1 POSITION REF: PU/ADV/1/11/2021
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION OF FARM MANAGER GRADE 11
This is the senior–most position in this cadre in the University and appointment is on a two (2) year contract renewable depending on age or any other regulatory guideline.
Applicants Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of these fields: Animal Science, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agribusiness, or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
• Applicants must have served continuously in an Agricultural institution/Farm Set up for minimum period of six (6) years’ in management of a busy mixed farm enterprise and shown excellent work performance
• Interested applicants who left service for a period of not more than two (2) year are encouraged to apply.
• Applicants should be of proven high integrity and meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Kenya Constitution
In addition, applicants should
• Be registered by the relevant professional body (where applicable)
• Demonstrate community involvement (e.g. Member of BOG, SMC etc.)
Knowledge and Competencies
• Have Technical and Practical competence in crop and livestock management.
• Have knowledge of food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability.
• Have knowledge of Crop and animal husbandry
• Have knowledge of the latest farming techniques, and procedures
• Have good understanding of public procurement system and government regulations related to farm activities.
• Have knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and treat them. Commercial awareness skills
• Demonstrate Organisational and time–management skills the ability to work under pressure demonstrate Leadership skills
• Be Computer literate with advanced IT skills
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Coordinate all activities and operations of the farm
• Planning and implementing the maintenance and repair plan for farm buildings/Structures, machinery and equipment.
• Developing the farm annual budget, procurement and work plans.
• Ordering and purchasing of farm supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds and equipment.
• Manage the University farm for teaching, research and as a profitable business
• Effective supervision and allocation of duties to regular and casual employees in the Farm.
• Managing production and ensuring that products are ready for markets
• Maintain financial and other farm records; ensure security of all farm records.
• Review farm reports to monitor farms productivity and efficiency.
• Advising on strategic direction of the University Farm and activities
• Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yields (livestock or crops)
• Making contingency plans for farming activities to curb implications of adverse weather conditions.
• Maintaining knowledge of pests and diseases to control out breaks and spread
• Monitoring animal and Crop health by ensuring timely crop and animal treatment
• Ensuring health and safety standards and hygienic handling of farm products.
• Monitoring and documenting all yields and land use to meet funding requirements
• Ensure security of farm facilities, animal and equipment
• Ensure high profit margin to support productivity and meet running costs.
• Prepare and submitting monthly reports on farm activities and advice the University Management on ways of improving the farm to maximize production and profits
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Head of Department
Interested applicants should send four (4) copies of their application for the above positions.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, Female candidates and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply and should attach their National Council for persons with disabilities (NCPWD) Certificate.
Candidates with foreign qualifications Must submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education.
The deadline for submitting application is Monday 25th November, 2021. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Please Note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
PWANI UNIVERSITY DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR APPOINTMENT)