Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Carbon Credit Associate
Location: Nairobi, Kenya with travel to other counties in Kenya
Type: 3 Months Contract
Start Date: Immediately
Reporting to: Head of Climate Innovations
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercialising life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 170+ people around the world. As a business that is rapidly scaling, SunCulture has been focused on these three key priorities: building systems and processes for scale, aligning the customer acquisition strategy, and enhancing customer support.
About the role
SunCulture is working on developing its carbon credit business to reduce end-user prices, increase accessibility, and accelerate demand for our systems, which are replacing the usage of dirty fuel in diesel water pumps. We are looking for a motivated climate associate to assist in the implementation of this project by leading operations on the ground.
- Lead on-the-ground baseline data collection that carbon consultants in India request, including measuring diesel/petrol usage and surveying existing SunCulture customers
- Manage and quality control for one call centre agent remotely who is conducting carbon surveys and bring an environmental perspective to the questioning/survey
- Conduct surveys (50 per week) with SunCulture customers on carbon-related questions
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the auditor visits (i.e. visiting customers to explain the process and carbon credits)
- Be an advocate for SunCulture customers when it comes to carbon by getting feedback on potential climate innovations, addressing their concerns with the carbon project, and reporting feedback to senior management
Does This Sound Like You?
- Familiar with renewable energy, diesel/petrol water pumps, and/or regenerative / nature-based agriculture is a plus
- Open to travelling as frequently as possible to anywhere across the country within short notice
- Experience managing call centre agents is a plus
- Experience in driving surveys, collecting data from customers, and synthesizing it is a plus
- Experience with the carbon markets and carbon credit approval process is a plus
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly adaptable, good problem-solving skills, and experience working in ambiguous situations
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, agriculture, or another relevant field
- Able to fluently communicate in English and Swahili; other Kenyan languages a plus
How to Apply