Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Consultant, BFA Global
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; Exceptionally strong candidates in locations where BFA has an office or presence may also be considered – India, Nigeria, Mexico, Colombia, Spain or the US (Boston).
About BFA Global
BFA Global is a research, advisory, product innovation, and strategy consulting firm that aims to improve the lives of vulnerable and underserved communities around the world. BFA Global works at the frontier of applied research and innovation using finance, data, and technology to craft solutions for more sustainable and equitable societies. Founded in 2006, BFA Global is headquartered in Boston and Nairobi, with additional offices in Medellín and New Delhi. We have a presence in Johannesburg, Lagos, Accra, Madrid, Mexico City, London, and Paris.
BFA Global is an exciting and rewarding place to work, offering a range of opportunities to have an impact. The team is curious, collaborative, agile, and risk-taking, constantly seeking to improve to better support policymakers, financial institutions, startups and innovation ecosystems around the world. We are a global team of highly-skilled, socially-motivated thinkers and doers working together to achieve the best value possible for our clients and partners, and ultimately improving the conditions of global poverty. We foster an entrepreneurial environment where we can learn, work with purpose and autonomy, help each other, and grow.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced consultant who can operate as a generalist in the inclusive finance space. The ideal candidate will therefore have experience in delivering financial services to unserved and underserved communities through work in the following or related areas: financial inclusion, digital financial services, inclusive fintech, livelihoods, microenterprises and climate action.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant at BFA Global, we are seeking someone with the following capabilities
- Capable of leading a multi-disciplinary project team to ensure successful project delivery, including supporting and assisting the Principal Consultant in meeting project objectives
- Clear areas of expertise, is considered a go-to person for those skills/abilities within BFA Global
- Contributes substantially to project content and project work assigned by the Principal Consultant, working semi-independently
- Assists in overseeing project team members across multiple geographies on the day-to-day tasks of the project, including contributing appropriate mentorship to cultivate upskilling of consultants and/or analysts.
- Can lead communication and coordination with clients and other stakeholders
- Assists and/or leads in business development and generates new work in conjunction with assigned targets as necessary
- Support Principals with and engage directly with clients to co-create strategies, projects and partnerships
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following qualifications:
- At least 6-10 years in an experienced role within the inclusive finance field, ideally in one or more of financial inclusion, digital financial services, inclusive fintech, livelihoods, and microenterprise
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different subject areas at the same time
- Creative problem-solving ability that relies on empathy and flexibility
- A true team player, with the capacity to mentor all successive roles
- Comfort working with a geographically dispersed team
- Awareness of and proficiency with the project management life cycle; strong project management skills
- Clear, concise, and polished communication skills; experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as available.
Preferred location: Nairobi, Kenya. Exceptionally strong candidates in locations where BFA has an office or presence may also be considered – India, Nigeria, Mexico, Colombia, Spain or the US (Boston).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How To Apply